VillaTalk Deadpool 2021

Xela

• 2 weeks later...

In 2016, when a major celebrity was kicking the bucket every other day, we were told it was because they were mostly part of the baby-boomer generation and there were a lot more celebrities around now, so it would continue at the same rate.

We've just had two weeks of no celebrity deaths between Alan Miller and Ned Beatty.

Mystical forces were to blame in 2016 and no-one can convince me otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Actress Lisa Banes 65

Hit by someone on a scooter... 

That’s so sad.

On a side note, not sure this is the right thread so feel free to move, but I was a big supporter of e scooters initially and had one for a few months before selling it. Brilliant things. They could be brilliant in the right circumstances.  They just don’t work in cities without the infrastructure and space to support them. A lot of European cities are open and wide so it makes sense, trying to shoehorn scooters into cities with busy, hectic, cramped and stuffed streets is not going to work. The right vehicle in the wrong type of world I think. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

That’s so sad.

On a side note, not sure this is the right thread so feel free to move, but I was a big supporter of e scooters initially and had one for a few months before selling it. Brilliant things. They could be brilliant in the right circumstances.  They just don’t work in cities without the infrastructure and space to support them. A lot of European cities are open and wide so it makes sense, trying to shoehorn scooters into cities with busy, hectic, cramped and stuffed streets is not going to work. The right vehicle in the wrong type of world I think. 

Bike lanes was one thing I thought was really good about China. They really manage to keep everything separate from the traffic quite a lot of the time, and as you say, it's just the value of space we don't have:

bike-lane1.jpg

cycling_in_asia_china_cyclists_in_bike_l

suzhou-jiangsu-china-many-cities-have-tr

They're not all that good obviously, but plenty are. Despite what were objectively dangerous roads with lots of crashes, I never felt particularly at risk riding a bike everywhere.

• Like 2

David R Edwards of Datbylgu has died. That first track down there I heard on Peel and him mentioning Pyst illicited a little chuckle from him. For a time Datblygu (I believe pronounced datbluggy) were my favourite welsh band.  

Edited by Seat68

One of those guys that’s cited as a massive influence by everyone I like musically, and by people on music forums and in record shops.

But the track you posted is the only one of his that I’ve got.

No Edwards, no Welsh music party for the last 30 years.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

One of those guys that’s cited as a massive influence by everyone I like musically, and by people on music forums and in record shops.

But the track you posted is the only one of his that I’ve got.

No Edwards, no Welsh music party for the last 30 years.

Updated my post. Am is an absolute belter. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bickster said:

John MCAfee (the anti-virus blaoke) found dead in Catalan jail

Second AV toolkit I learned about after Dr Solomon's Antivirus

• Like 1