Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

Ryan.

A 3 1/2 year deal????

Their current record of holding onto managers is closer to 3 1/2 months!!!! 

Can't believe he's taken the job as no doubt in a week or so West Brom will be looking for a new manager and regardless of them being relegated also they'd be a better option to run next season. 

Edited by theboyangel

I think monk knows how to say the right things, get fans onside etc but he's a pretty awful manager. Sacked at Swansea, bottled it with Leeds then underperformed at boro. Luckily for Birmingham the teams around them are just as bad so they still might just scrape it, again. 

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Monk has it good. He will get them relegated, and continue to get paid for 3 more years. 

He won't even get that much shit for it either as the SHA fans will likely rationalise that Cotterill gave him an impossible task. Starting to see why he took the job now..

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Monk has it good. He will get them relegated, and continue to get paid for 3 more years. 

Aye, nice little earner there. Take a few years off running down your contract or getting sacked and compo. Either way he is British with "Premier League experience" so he will walk into another Championship job anytime he likes. Nice work if you can get it.  Gaz.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

This is the perfect time for monk to come playing too of our top 6 rivals boro and cardiff. 

The cardiff one will be key as ex swansea. Hope they get two draws there and lose the rest. 

I think they will stay up now but next season when the loans go back and there is absolutely zero budget thats when it will get interesting. 

Monk has a habit if starting well then hitting dreadful dreadful form befire gwtting sacked or leaving 

• Like 1

Monk does not have a magic wand and imo is not that good a manager. Shit in = shit out.

They have been crap all season and and struggled to score goals all season. I cant see that changing anytime soon.

23 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I cant see that changing anytime soon.

There is a chance things could go a lot worse before they get better.  

It's not like Monk is going to tinker with the timing of a broken down super car here and fix it day one so it's purring like a V8 and wave bye bye to relegation.  He has got a little stolen go-cart with pram wheels on steered by string. 

They only need to draw a few that they need to win and we all win.  He ain't a Fergy or Pep remember,  he is a Monk Bubble that works for little small heath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I think Monk is a decent appointment for them, personally.  The 3 and a half year deal is a bit odd, though!

It's probably the only way they could get him. He knows if this job goes belly up for him (which it likely will) he will get a big payoff, assuming they are not gone into administration.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, villa89 said:
12 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think Monk is a decent appointment for them, personally.  The 3 and a half year deal is a bit odd, though!

It's probably the only way they could get him. He knows if this job goes belly up for him (which it likely will) he will get a big payoff, assuming they are not gone into administration.

He really can't lose,  the entry on his CV will be the only stain that he can't remove but other than that he is on a winner.  I think they were truly desperate,  if not him who?

22 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

He really can't lose,  the entry on his CV will be the only stain that he can't remove but other than that he is on a winner.  I think they were truly desperate,  if not him who?

I mean, he can, he could well be spending next season managing in League One, which is hardly a glamour appointment. And if he is there, managing them in League One, the expectation will be automatic promotion, probably as champions, so it won't be easy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I mean, he can, he could well be spending next season managing in League One, which is hardly a glamour appointment. And if he is there, managing them in League One, the expectation will be automatic promotion, probably as champions, so it won't be easy.

Yep,  see what you mean but I was never thinking he stays there long,  he does total rubbish,  they sack him,  he does well and in a year he can jump on the word removed prem merry go round again with Pardew and Alladyce and a better club than small heath will grab him and pay the compo no problem.  He will always be stained goods though but so is Bruce too be fair.

Â