• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Traoré (Hourihane 74)
    • El Ghazi (Trézéguet 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/20 at 23:59

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

You can’t miss open goals and penalties and expect to win football matches. 

Hallellujah......sense.

and you can't defend like a bunch of girls either and expect Jack to bail us out all the time......we are not good enough up front to concede like that....its naive.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think we will be safe this season but it’s key we beat Newcastle on Friday otherwise there is a danger we have a rot like last season where we started the season playing well and getting  nothing for it and then it changed into playing shit and getting nothing for it 

It’s a very good point, imagine we lose to Newcastle that’s 5 losses out of 6 and suddenly you are struggling to see where the next points are coming from, we really are on the fence at the moment on how to judge this season so far, lose to Newcastle and it’s quite reasonable to say we fluked the first 4 games and since then we’re basically showing relegation form, very disappointing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

It’s a very good point, imagine we lose to Newcastle that’s 5 losses out of 6 and suddenly you are struggling to see where the next points are coming from, we really are on the fence at the moment on how to judge this season so far, lose to Newcastle and it’s quite reasonable to say we fluked the first 4 games and since then we’re basically showing relegation form, very disappointing.

The problem for me is.....i still saw things in that game that makes losing to Newcastle feasible....when we should be confident.

After the Arsenal game we should have done better than to lose to Brighton and West Ham, in the manner, we did....its thoroughly wasteful of earlier points.

we did things tonight that was sloppy, despite doing some very good things too.

when West Ham say they had a poor game and won.....we are doing something wrong, despite the rhetoric.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Carragher very clear that it's a penalty.

It was.....we called it in our household.

The foul should overrule the offside....that is something for them to look at, in the rules.

but i don't think arms should come in to the offside,or your head,  it should be feet only.

they are spoiling the game.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

Hallellujah......sense.

and you can't defend like a bunch of girls either and expect Jack to bail us out all the time......we are not good enough up front to concede like that....its naive.

Have a word with women’s team and see what they think about your comment ,

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

It was.....we called it in our household.

The foul should overrule the offside....that is something for them to look at, in the rules.

but i don't think arms should come in to the offside,or your head,  it should be feet only.

they are spoiling the game.

Dead right but how can this be allowed to go on?

Ref on talk sport just now talking about it.. Agrees it was a foul.. Agrees it was clear and obvious.. 

It happens before the ball is played in, so clearly before the offside... 

So it's a foul and a penalty

Yet still its given against us. 

If anyone needs any proof var is corrupt, this is it. 

Edited by richp999
  • Like 1

Just now, richp999 said:

Dead right but how can this be allowed to go on?

Ref on talk sport just now talking about it.. Agrees it was a foul.. Agrees it was clear and obvious.. 

It happens before the ball is played in, so clearly before the offside... 

So it's a foul and a penalty

Yet still its given against us. 

We do seem to be attracting so many poor calls from VAR.....but i also think we are the architect of our own setbacks too.

11 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Christ, the moaning and panic in here is unbelievable. We are a work in progress people, and yes, at times it shows. You cannot build a top team overnight. We are clearly heading in the right direction.

Downwards.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

We do seem to be attracting so many poor calls from VAR.....but i also think we are the architect of our own setbacks too.

Unfortunately correct. 

We should have won this game, but lost it ourselves. 

The var just seems to be against us every time. It kind of amplifies the disappointment of us losing a game we should have really won. 

Edited by richp999
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, pacbuddies said:

Downwards.

If ever there was a game to shoot yourself in the foot, that was it.

it seems to me like....they all want to finish midtable, when opportunities stare you in the face to take more.

The mentality worries me at times......even carragher was more upset than the manager, with the goal that was ruled out.....I would like to see a bit more passion from him at times, its like we are doing ok, midtable is progress.

yes, it is.....but when better stares you in the face, why not take it.

I feel so angry with those conceded goals, more so than the misses.

• Like 2

I felt nervous every time West Ham attacked, particularly after Benrahma came on. Not because West Ham were so great, but because we really look like we don’t know what we are doing - great acres of space opening up, not marking properly, not jumping and blocking firmly enough.

What’s happened to the tight, disciplined defensive performance we gave against Arsenal? I’ve been missing it every game since.

It’s all very well for Dean Smith to say we were the better team. What does that mean? We lost, so we failed. And we lost because of our own lapses and failures. So I hope he’s not giving that message to the players - well done, you were the better team. We have come away losers and he needs to make sure they are hurting because of that and focusing on how to male sure it doesn’t happen again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I felt nervous every time West Ham attacked, particularly after Benrahma came on. Not because West Ham were so great, but because we really look like we don’t know what we are doing - great acres of space opening up, not marking properly, not jumping and blocking firmly enough.

What’s happened to the tight, disciplined defensive performance we gave against Arsenal? I’ve been missing it every game since.

It’s all very well for Dean Smith to say we were the better team. What does that mean? We lost, so we failed. And we lost because of our own lapses and failures. So I hope he’s not giving that message to the players - well done, you were the better team. We have come away losers and he needs to make sure they are hurting because of that and focusing on how to male sure it doesn’t happen again.

When you say “every time West Ham attacked” that’s not very often to be fair. They scored from their only two shots on target. We’ve missed plenty of chances and made mistakes when dealing with a couple of balls into the box. I’m sure we’ll come out firing on Friday. The frustrations of the last couple of games should help to fire them up. 

Â