• Trézéguet
    • Grealish
    • Watkins
    • Traoré (Hourihane 74)
    • El Ghazi (Trézéguet 74)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/20 at 23:59

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Still lost every single game where we've gone behind 1-0 this season.

Worrying.

Being able to come back after being behind is one of the things i expected to improve this season.

We need a "General" to help us, a player who can dictate from the middle and can pull the strings and DRIVE us on...not a "jockey cog" that just recycles the ball, when no one is around....we have a few of them in the squad.

We did play well last night, and we really should have had the three points on the balance of play. Silly little mistakes and some unjust VAR officiating undid the largely dominant display. If we keep playing like this and can cut out the errors, we’ll win more than we lose. 

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

We did play well last night, and we really should have had the three points on the balance of play.

Feel like we've said that for a while now

How about we defend properly and won't have to score 2 goals just do draw..

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

And yet for me, our performance last night was better than in the Leicester game and a match for our performance against Arsenal.

I'd love for us to be crap and win from time to time, but eventually that catches up with you - if you're consistently the better side, then eventually you get the results you deserve - we've been the better side in our last two games - I know that losing is frustrating and it colours opinions massively - but we played well last night.

I respect your opinion....because there isn't a right one.

I felt the errors at the back and up front detracted me away from the performance( for a while I couldn't concentrate on the game for anger after the first goal) it happens so often.....it lacked professionalism for me.....Sure we gave everything we had after the reversals, but paradoxically, I thought we still lacked conviction and composure in our approach play, especially in the box.....All season I will remember that game as one we should have won and par for the course the officials did their best to squander that enthusiasm.

The stats were so impressive.....but we are like a fighter, who just swings punches adlib, until he is worn out.....there is no crisp and conciseness about the play at times.....its like the passer, doesn't know if the runner is going to run.....I can't take that as good play.

I am a win first man, play good football after, if you could ever arrange it in that way.....In Jack we have a precocious talent, he is a level or two above anything else in the team and he dominates our thinking at BMH. IMO

Jack was the only shining light last night, his goal was fitting, but its him alone, most of the time that makes searching runs in to enemy territory, other waiting for Roy of the Rovers to pass it on a plate.....The others have to show more conviction, because he will get fed up.

I think Ross has been a set back....but I don't think he is the sole reason why, we lost that game......I still think we need an aggressive player who can pull the strings at the back and send confidence through the side, someone who can drive the thing forward, to let Jack take over.

An Andy townsend or Kevin Richardson, someone with half a dozen duracell batteries attached to their back.......even just for the squad, not just the first team, so we can shake it up a bit at times.....its all too samey for me......we change the bowler, but not the bowling....too sterotyped and predictable.

Ps I thought we was more professional against Leicester and I liked the clean Sheet......don't get me wrong, I like swashbuckling football, but it doesn't win anything, in terms of silverware and can leavee you flat, when the opposition have a go back....at some point the sting has to be taken out of the opposition......and you need the right players to be able to do that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

that last post of mine takes me back to the old chesnut.

who was the better team?

• The one in '77 that finished 4th
  • or The one who won the league and European cup in '80/81/'82

Many will still say the '77 side.

Opinions are fascinating.

I always watch using the natural sound from the stadium, so a question for those that watch with the added fake crowd noise.. do they have the  "F**k VAR" song in the playlist?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

How does it?

The opponent played badly and we lost.

I meant Liverpool and Arsenal i.e the impressive wins.....These losses encourages the critics to find fault with our wins.....was my point.

Edited by TRO

Im so disappointed still. It takes forever to stop thinking about these kind of games and defeats and our perfect remedy for it has been postponed too. It was all so sweet after Arsenal, needed to kick on after the international break but its been 2 of the most frustrating games ever since. I can take it better if we play rubbish and lose, but absolutely dominating and somehow coming away empty handed absolutely scrambles my brain out of sync. 

On 01/12/2020 at 15:58, OutByEaster? said:

And yet for me, our performance last night was better than in the Leicester game and a match for our performance against Arsenal.

I'd love for us to be crap and win from time to time, but eventually that catches up with you - if you're consistently the better side, then eventually you get the results you deserve - we've been the better side in our last two games - I know that losing is frustrating and it colours opinions massively - but we played well last night.

better is subjective......playing open, also catches up with you.....especially when the opposition wants to exploit the spaces.

We need to be more rounded and less gift worthy in our approach.

14 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Im so disappointed still. It takes forever to stop thinking about these kind of games and defeats and our perfect remedy for it has been postponed too. It was all so sweet after Arsenal, needed to kick on after the international break but its been 2 of the most frustrating games ever since. I can take it better if we play rubbish and lose, but absolutely dominating and somehow coming away empty handed absolutely scrambles my brain out of sync. 

The problem is....despite all the claims of good football and I agree in the main......its what you do in both boxes that determines your fate.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

The problem is....despite all the claims of good football and I agree in the main......its what you do in both boxes that determines your fate.

Of course. Its a cruel game and Monday was the cruelest. Cant get over the decision at the end. They barely had any ventures into our half of the pitch it seemed and somehow come away with a win and up to 5th. Killer and ive had to work with a load of Spammers. Good job i command enough respect for them to be diplomatic and tell me we played well but its not the point. It was meant to be my smug face bowling about the place. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Of course. Its a cruel game and Monday was the cruelest. Cant get over the decision at the end. They barely had any ventures into our half of the pitch it seemed and somehow come away with a win and up to 5th. Killer and ive had to work with a load of Spammers. Good job i command enough respect for them to be diplomatic and tell me we played well but its not the point. It was meant to be my smug face bowling about the place. 

I think, had we taken a point off Brighton and Southampton (and they were home games) not asking much.....I would be much more empathetic to the West Ham loss.

I does happen from time to time, I accept that, but the above, would have made it more palatable.

Edited by TRO

I know there is a lot of love for Dean Smith, but is it not the managers' duty to have his side ready by first whistle? 

That first goal looked like the defense was content to just blindly boot at the ball without trying to gain ground or have a target for their clearing attempt.
That right side was not sharp and a "ready" mentality may have prevented that chance.

The second WH goal looked like AV was shocked to be in the box so quickly. 

They were on their heels and WH was on their toes. I think coach needs to get 'em hype from the get-go.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DWG_Pauly said:

I know there is a lot of love for Dean Smith, but is it not the managers' duty to have his side ready by first whistle? 

That first goal looked like the defense was content to just blindly boot at the ball without trying to gain ground or have a target for their clearing attempt.
That right side was not sharp and a "ready" mentality may have prevented that chance.

The second WH goal looked like AV was shocked to be in the box so quickly. 

They were on their heels and WH was on their toes. I think coach needs to get 'em hype from the get-go.

Alan Smith made that comment early on saying Villa are on their heels....

People can moan as much as they like about the defending but if you do not score goals you will lose football matches.

In this match we had enough chances to win the game. We didn't because of very poor finishing.

I am still heartened by what i am seeing us do.

Strengthen again in January and we will make further progress.

Â