Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

2 minutes ago, useless said:

We should sign Benteke asap, if Watkins gets an injury it would seriously derail our season.

Whilst I agree that an injury to Watkins would be a blow, I don’t think Benteke could give us what we need. For whatever reason he just isn’t the same player he was when he was here before. For me we need someone who could cover right across the front line. A player who would push for a starting place out wide or as a striker. We probably need another Ollie Watkins. 

• Like 1

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Or at least with the potential to be. 

Agree, we will all have to get used to the fact that progression will likely mean signing better players than mings, Watkins, cash, etc. Note, I like those players, just wondering how many of our current team could play for a top 4 side.

1 hour ago, jimmygreaves said:

Making Eze available?

I’m probably the only one that thinks he is getting over hyped. He is a nice tidy player and doing well for his first year in the top flight. But I think he slows the game down way to much and if you watch him closely, there’s not that actually that much end product. I’m glad we didn’t sign him.

3 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Agree, we will all have to get used to the fact that progression will likely mean signing better players than mings, Watkins, cash, etc. Note, I like those players, just wondering how many of our current team could play for a top 4 side.

I personally think Watkins is better than Tammy, Werner and Jesus. But I get where you are coming from. 

Assuming all players are fit, do we think that Watkins is all we need up front at this stage or (if money was available) do we need to add another goal scorer to either play alongside him or challenge him for a starting spot to say, push towards Europe? 

I know that we are all very happy with his performance so far, but is he good enough to be the leading man in a top six side? 

If we need another option, would this be a poacher or a CF? Can Wesley fill that void when back healthy. 

Where else do we have positional weaknesses that need to be addressed over the coming two transfer windows? 

Edited by Wenin Rome

Watched the Reading game today to watch Olise, but he didn't play.

Swift looked decent though.

As did Ejaria, was thinking he'd be a good signing if we were relegated.

Edited by useless
If we were relegated last season that is.

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m probably the only one that thinks he is getting over hyped. He is a nice tidy player and doing well for his first year in the top flight. But I think he slows the game down way to much and if you watch him closely, there’s not that actually that much end product. I’m glad we didn’t sign him.

Im inclined to agree. He’s a talent but he absolutely does not fit the way we want to play. 

A good player in his own right, but think he’s being overhyped a little. 

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Still young to be fair.

If i'm honest, your description of Eze is how I often saw Jack in the earlier days.

• Like 1

Eze would have been a good signing if Grealish had have left, but would have been hard to fit them both in our starting eleven, and he probably wouldn't have signed for us as back up.

Also Palace are an quite a negative team, it's hard for any attacker to stand out whilst playing for them, put Eze in a good attacking team and he'd look an even better player.

• Like 2

Demerai Gray is reported to have a poor attitude to training hence Leicester’s apparently Will to let a highly talented player leave for free... It is weird how some players get and rep for their lifestyle choices and other don’t. It’s a fact Berkeley lived & loved the west London nightclub scene and isn’t the greatest mate in many ways for Jack. But yet. So many seem against Dele Ali for his poor attitude to training, based on a very edited documentary. He was fine under Poch who is a know hard taskmaster at training. My point is NO to Grey as I’ve heard he is a bad egg. 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Demerai Gray is reported to have a poor attitude to training hence Leicester’s apparently Will to let a highly talented player leave for free... It is weird how some players get and rep for their lifestyle choices and other don’t. It’s a fact Berkeley lived & loved the west London nightclub scene and isn’t the greatest mate in many ways for Jack. But yet. So many seem against Dele Ali for his poor attitude to training, based on a very edited documentary. He was fine under Poch who is a know hard taskmaster at training. My point is NO to Grey as I’ve heard he is a bad egg. 

Brendon Rodgers has recently said his attitude to training was first class.

• Like 1

Omar Richards also meant to highly rated as a young championship left back, has even been recently linked to Bayern Munich, can't say he stood out, but you could see that he was very comfortable on the ball.

No one had a clue that we were in for Sanson, or even another central midfielder, until it was as good as announced in the media. Nothing to say that there's not other deals we're working on that no one knows about.

• Like 1