Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Haha Eriksen. Well I asked for bullshit rumours yesterday and it appears they are now arriving!

I'm claiming that.  I mentioned him days ago!!!!

1 hour ago, Loxstock92 said:

Apparently we’ve been linked with Eriksen according to some on Twitter (yeah I know)

I was wondering when this was all the silliness was going to start. 

I was going to suggest Eriksen earlier today as I was bored at work and built a nice (but unrealistic) first and second eleven 🤣

I had him along with;

Max Aarons, Bukayo Saka, Ben White, Ross Barkley, Sander Berge, Milot Rashica, David Brooks, Arkadiusz Milic, Tammy Abraham...with Conor, Trez and Guilbert through the door 🙈🤣 

To be honest, I don't expect much if anything this window but moving forward we really need to make a couple of statement signings in the summer to progress for Jack.

31 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

It's surprisingly quiet on the transfer front, I wonder what has happened with all those attention seeking teenage acting twitter muppets. I didn't think I'd say it, but I'm staring to miss them.

That Brad is back with a Rashica post.

5 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

How else is he going to get his clicks 😉

Or his kicks.

I was quite optimistic about this window a couple of weeks ago thinking we would invest and kick on, not sure we will or that it’s possible. I suspect it will be a lot quieter than we all hoped.

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Or his kicks.

I was quite optimistic about this window a couple of weeks ago thinking we would invest and kick on, not sure we will or that it’s possible. I suspect it will be a lot quieter than we all hoped.

I’m the same as you. I really don’t think we have the FFP wiggle room for anything, think it’s going to be quiet all round unless prices regress to what they were 10 years ago. 

5 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Or his kicks.

By it's possible do you mean within the confines of FFP, or the amount NSWE are willing to invest or that it won't be possible to land our targets due to the new visa points system?

2 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

What about that young winger from Werder Bremen? Can’t quite remember his name

I just can’t wait until there’s a link worthy of reopening the thread (obviously not Brad).  I’m not even particularly interested in signing him anymore.

11 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

I’m the same as you. I really don’t think we have the FFP wiggle room for anything, think it’s going to be quiet all round unless prices regress to what they were 10 years ago. 

I think we have plenty of room, it’s rolled up for two years so we could blow it all this year if we wanted. Getting into Europe would pay down the credit? But I don’t think our owners are gamblers so I doubt it. But we do have wriggle room if needed

11 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

I said in the summer I think we held some back and still think that but we are missing out on about £1m a home game on revenue at the moment and I just don’t see fans back in stadiums before near the end of the season.

Add to that complications with the market and COVID, new visa rules and the fact we’ve only one glaring hole in terms of another striker I just think it will be quiet.

We’ve a number of players that will be off in the summer so we’ve another mini rebuild to do then so think they’ll wait.

• Like 2