Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

53 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

11 hours and 5 mins ago... commence panic

I'm sure I read it opens on the 2nd? God knows though.  I've been popping so many pills this last week nothing makes much sense at the moment 🙃 

When does the 2021 January transfer window open & close?

The 2021 January transfer window will open on Saturday January 2 for Premier League and English Football League clubs.

It will remain open for a period of around four weeks before closing on Monday February 1.

Of course, the transfer window varies from country to country, with some leagues adhering to different opening and closing dates.

In Spain, for example, La Liga clubs will be able to engage in transfer business from Monday January 4 - two days after the window opens in England - until February 1.

Italy will follow the same window dates, meaning Serie A clubs are harmonised with their Spanish counterparts.

The transfer window period for German and French clubs will be the same as in England - open from January 2 and closed on February 1.

League Transfer window opens Transfer window closes
Premier League January 2, 2021 February 1, 2021
Bundesliga January 2, 2021 February 1, 2021
Ligue 1 January 2, 2021 February 1, 2021
La Liga January 4, 2021 February 1, 2021
Serie A January 4, 2021 February 1, 2021

https://www.goal.com/en/news/when-2021-january-transfer-window-open-who-top-targets/mmyeefj8dk6g1o9np1yh37mjz

3 hours ago, M_Afro said:

Got Newcastle and Brucie written all over it. £25m 😂

So allergic to scoring goals, he has permission to carry an epipen in his sock...just in case.

Perfect for Newcastle.

12 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

8 appearances and one goal, although that goal was against the scum (i think). But still fairly pointless, similar to signing Costa for the huge costs involved.

Chris Suttons only goal for us was in a 1-0 win at Everton. Glancing header if I remember properly

I really want Soumare from Lille. Or Koopmeiners.

A CM to challenge Luiz and McGinn is so crucial to us kicking on. We can get by with waiting till summer for a CB, we could maybe cope without a LB too (less convinced)  but we have to sign a midfielder.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

Chris Suttons only goal for us was in a 1-0 win at Everton. Glancing header if I remember properly

ah my bad you're correct, i know he suffered blurred version so may have got more games for us although he was pretty slow at this time of his career.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Arsenal still want about 25m for him.

Talented he might be but seriously 25m for someone they don’t even want in their squad.... no thanks you can get some class midfielders from abroad for that without the apparent baggage 

9 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Speaking of wonder kids, I’d be interested to see how Football Manager rated Grealish back in the day, they are normally pretty good for spotting talent early. 

Link

Here is an article about Jack’s 2015 stats.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

If we are going to buy, we have to get bodies out for ffp. This is my concern as i cant see who we'd get rid of.

Kalinic is apparently off to croatia.

Davis on loan? 

Lansbury? Who's gonna take him on those wages?

Fred?

All our surplus players except Guilbert, Engels and Kalinic are out of contract in 6 months I think