Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

Mentioned him before but I think Anel Ahmedhodzic is an interesting target. 21 y.o CB who will leave Malmö FF in January or in the summer for about €7-8m but likely less (they want to break the transfer record they set with Zlatan almost 20 years ago)

Bigger fish circling around but  no deal done yet I think. He'll need time to adapt but I think he's going to be a quality player in a season or 2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd like Teun Koopmeiners, young DM at AZ. Affordable and is on the up, suits us perfectly and could settle in well. Gives us options and atleast a plan at DM if Dougie was to go.

Teun Koopmeiners. is a very good player

8 goals and 3 assists already this season.

Very good going for a DCM.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

Boulaye Dia is a striker to look at, plays for Stade de Reims

24 year old Senegal striker with 10 goals and 1 assist in 15 Ligue 1 games this season.

Arsenal and West Ham are rumoured to be interested in signing him.

Sadio Mane has said this about him:-

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, sne said:

Mentioned him before but I think Anel Ahmedhodzic is an interesting target. 21 y.o CB who will leave Malmö FF in January or in the summer for about €7-8m but likely less (they want to break the transfer record they set with Zlatan almost 20 years ago)

Bigger fish circling around but  no deal done yet I think. He'll need time to adapt but I think he's going to be a quality player in a season or 2.

Wasn’t he Linked to Chelsea in the summer? ... Again fits the profile of the type of player we should be targeting in terms of potential and value. 

Just now, thabucks said:

Wasn’t he Linked to Chelsea in the summer? ... Again fits the profile of the type of player we should be targeting in terms of potential and value. 

Quite possible. Seen him linked with Atalanta, PSV, AJAX, Fiorentina and a few other clubs during the winter.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Boulaye Dia is a striker to look at, plays for Stade de Reims

24 year old Senegal striker with 10 goals and 1 assist in 15 Ligue 1 games this season.

Arsenal and West Ham are rumoured to be interested in signing him.

Sadio Mane has said this about him:-

What do you think of Ikone and Bamba from Lille? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M_Afro said:

I totally agree with this. If we sign anybody it should be young up and coming players who can add squad competition with an eye to being starters in the next 12 to 18 months.

I think it's about time our scouting network earned it's crust. That's not a complaint about the business we have done these last 2 windows, more a desire to see us pad out the squad with more of the unknown hungry young talent which is out there if you are willing to look for it. 

Of course who knows what kind of impact Brexit will have on such a strategy.  

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

I have got to the point on this thread of give me a budget and I'll tell you what I would do, because I have no idea if we have 100 million to spent or a 100 pence to spend.

We know at least four are out of contract in the summer, two CMs, a LB and a RB. Do they leave signing all four replacements until then or try to get one or two in Jan, to help them settle before next season? 

I’d also be expecting another striker in before next season so same question as to whether they leave it or try to buy in Jan - if the right player is available? 

They might want to avoid 5-6 new faces all arriving at once, but who knows? 

• Like 2

It's an fascinating window. If FFP has been relaxed it could be a big moment to really improve the team by bringing in a small amount of high quality players capable of replacing players like Hourihane etc.

The main question is are we in a position to do this I guess only 5 people really know right now. Nobody can get mad if because of covid we cannot, but I think the best time to improve is from a position of strength, not desperation. Like Doug never did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skruff said:

I'm still amazed Buendia hasn't been picked up. I'd love him here. 

Agree I really wanted him in the summer. He’s such an intelligent player and has great movement, the link up with Jack would be incredible.

Can’t see the clubs selling in Jan whilst they are well and truly in the promotion hunt but if either Norwich or Bournemouth don’t go up I’d be straight in for Buendía or Brooks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

I thought that Zaha would be a good signing until yesterday. He has a massive chip on his shoulder and is being shown up by Grealish as to how to play the game and lead by example when you're a target for some questionable tackling.

Agree. He hasn’t moved on from Palace because of his attitude not his ability in my opinion.

• Like 1