Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

Target for Jan would be to strengthen the bench without breaking the bank. LB, RB, wide forward and DM would do nicely young with potential to break into the first XI. Not sayng all four but they are four possibilities where we should be looking at doing something. I can't see us doing any massive spending till the summer, and even then it'll be that we can spend more in wages so we can compete with the top end of the league for players.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Target for Jan would be to strengthen the bench without breaking the bank. LB, RB, wide forward and DM would do nicely young with potential to break into the first XI. Not sayng all four but they are four possibilities where we should be looking at doing something. I can't see us doing any massive spending till the summer, and even then it'll be that we can spend more in wages so we can compete with the top end of the league for players.

Why RB? Curious...we have Cash, Elmo and Guilbert.  Plus if we are desperate Konsa can play there, we don’t need anymore back up that that.  Unlikely we would improve on that level of quality for back up.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why RB? Curious...we have Cash, Elmo and Guilbert.  Plus if we are desperate Konsa can play there, we don’t need anymore back up that that.  Unlikely we would improve on that level of quality for back up.

Add into the mix Kaine Kessler and it is a position we shouldn’t need to look at for a few seasons hopefully. Left back cover is paramount. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think I agree with romavilla on this mate. 

I've got lots of respect for Elmo but I think it's fair to say that he's in the twilight of his career, and although I like Guilbert I just get the feeling that Smith isn't a huge fan and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in January. 

And though Konsa can also play there he isn't s traditional fullback and won't offer that outlet in the same way as a cash or MT. 

I think we need cover in both fullback positions myself. 

19 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think I agree with romavilla on this mate. 

I've got lots of respect for Elmo but I think it's fair to say that he's in the twilight of his career, and although I like Guilbert I just get the feeling that Smith isn't a huge fan and I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave in January. 

And though Konsa can also play there he isn't s traditional fullback and won't offer that outlet in the same way as a cash or MT. 

I think we need cover in both fullback positions myself. 

We have invested heavily in the youth setup and need a pathway to the first team or what’s the point ? Kessler is very highly rated and need to be integrated into the 1st team squad next season if not sooner. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thabucks said:

We have invested heavily in the youth setup and need a pathway to the first team or what’s the point ? Kessler is very highly rated and need to be integrated into the 1st team squad next season if not sooner. 

I'll be honest, I don't watch the youths teams so that's where I'll have to bow to your knowledge of the kids mate. 

Italian site Calcio Mercato claiming that us and Wet Spam have tabled bids for Inter and Uruguay midfielder Matias Vecino.

He's been out injured for a while after a knee surgery in the summer and is 29 y.o so doesn't fit with the profile but other than that he's a solid player and I generally like Uruguay players who almost all seem to have good work ethic. He's quite big and is good with the ball but honestly not one I would look at.

Probably nothing in it anyway.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sne said:

Italian site Calcio Mercato claiming that us and Wet Spam have tabled bids for Inter and Uruguay midfielder Matias Vecino.

He's been out injured for a while after a knee surgery in the summer and is 29 y.o so doesn't fit with the profile but other than that he's a solid player and I generally like Uruguay players who almost all seem to have good work ethic. He's quite big and is good with the ball but honestly not one I would look at.

Really don’t see that being true.

42 minutes ago, sne said:

@TRO positively moist at the prospect, I bet! 🙂

Fwiw, I see sense in it - we need options and variety in the squad and we don't have a player like him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

@TRO positively moist at the prospect, I bet! 🙂

Fwiw, I see sense in it - we need options and variety in the squad and we don't have a player like him.

:D Yeah, I just don't see this particular player as a good option or someone the club would look at. Age, injury and frankly ability makes it a unlikely target.

6 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Piss off 

please

What? We’ve left you alone for a few months. Just let us have Henry and we will come back in the summer for Toney.

Sorry I do know how you feel it’s happened to us too. I think Henry is probably the best LB in the Championship though.

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

I can do that with one player. Maybe wide forward would be stretching it but I'm sure one of the players I suggest can play there. 

Maitland-Niles or Saka.

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

What? We’ve left you alone for a few months. Just let us have Henry and we will come back in the summer for Toney.

Sorry I do know how you feel it’s happened to us too. I think Henry is probably the best LB in the Championship though.

I'd love Rico Henry, he played for Dean at Walsall too didn't he? Would imagine we'd be in the driving seat in that case.

We've got a lot of money, but do we have enough to keep buying from Brentford though? 😅