Winter transfer window 2020/1

barry'sboots

I doubt Luiz will go anywhere before the summer transfer window. Jack certainly won't. That's problems for the summer.

In the meantime we need to strengthen what we have to boost our assault on the top 6.

Left back and Attacking midfielder that can play wide as well as centrally, that's what has to be on the agenda. 

55 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Now is the time to strengthen. If we’re in the top 6 at Xmas, go and spend 80m. It’s a lot easier to do it when you’re 5th than when you’re 15th. 

Players will want to come here. If the money is there, spend it. 

Agreed. Still needs to be the right quality player/players, though. I’m confident that if that player/players are obtainable in January, and Villa are in a position to challenge, then our owners will get it done. Where would you want us strengthened in January, and possible names? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Will still need to strengthen and he bench is weak.

Villa have to spend in January to continue our position, I just hope we are still in the top 8 during the next window and not too far off the top places.

The way Grealish is playing anything should be possible.

I’m not sure position will be so vital going into January as the Premier League is looking more like the championship this season,  where 2 or 3 wins will propel you up the league table. It’s likely that we could see teams sat in and around 11th/12th in January that are still within striking distance of the top 4, certainly top 6. I just think it’ll go deeper this season 

45 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Agreed. Still needs to be the right quality player/players, though. I’m confident that if that player/players are obtainable in January, and Villa are in a position to challenge, then our owners will get it done. Where would you want us strengthened in January, and possible names? 

I agree with Claret and Blue podcast and been saying before our string of wins. First XI is good enough atm and barring injuries we'll probably make minimal trades and only look at improving backup and that entails players happy to sign not guaranteed straight into first team

9 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I agree with Claret and Blue podcast and been saying before our string of wins. First XI is good enough atm and barring injuries we'll probably make minimal trades and only look at improving backup and that entails players happy to sign not guaranteed straight into first team

I’m inclined to agree with what you say, it would take a very good player to become available to dislodge any current 1st teamer. Not impossible, though. Let’s hope we have a favourable run with injuries etc. 

• Like 1

I'd say main priorities are to tell anyone to get lost if they try come for Jack. 

Tell City especially to do one on Luiz because we will wait for your offer then pay exactly that fee back to you.

Barkley must be signed at all costs.

Then if Elmo and Taylor maybe leaving they need to be replaced by bringing in better than them or even better by finding better than Cash and Target, either way Elmo and Taylor move on.

A second striker, we can not have just one striker. The only guy we know we can fully rely on up front is Watkins. That lad is doing the business for us, he just need a striker to give him competition and be rotated with so it keeps Watkins fresh.

Im sure theres more we can all think of, but those are what I would complete first a d even Luiz and Barkley could end up costing a small fortune to seal properly.

Our Owners I can see will have to hand Smith n CO another bag of cash, as a couple of players staying are uncertain and need to be sealed properly to make sure they are Villans for the future. I'm sure our Owners/management are well aware of what needs to be done and are already making plans or even alternative solutions just in case of worst case scenarios happening.

Were in good hands and whatever happens I'm confident we will all be happy that Luiz and Barkley will be with us for the future.

11 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I doubt Luiz will go anywhere before the summer transfer window. Jack certainly won't. That's problems for the summer.

In the meantime we need to strengthen what we have to boost our assault on the top 6.

Left back and Attacking midfielder that can play wide as well as centrally, that's what has to be on the agenda. 

Isnt January the last time City could trigger Luiz buy back, im confident hes staying put anyway but it would be nice to know when exactly this buy back is done and Luiz is ours without looking behind us.

I don’t think we’ll do much. We’d need to shift Guilbert and El Ghazi to make space, and I’m not sure we’d be able to do that. Can’t see any other player in the squad being available, or likely no be sold at least (i.e. Engels and Hause).

Lansbury, Elmo and Taylor being out of contract in the summer will make it easier for us to bring players in at least.

January priority should be negotiating a fee for Barkley, anything below £30m would be good, anything more than that would need some serious thought. 

Can't really see us doing to much unless we have some serious injuries, particularly if we are in a decent league position.

Main business will be in the summer once those with contracts ending leave and Barkley probably going too, hopefully we can keep hold of Luiz though.

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

Isnt January the last time City could trigger Luiz buy back, im confident hes staying put anyway but it would be nice to know when exactly this buy back is done and Luiz is ours without looking behind us.

It’s been stated at least 20 times in the Luiz thread 😬😬

FYI - Summer 2021 - £35m.  😀

49 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

January priority should be negotiating a fee for Barkley, anything below £30m would be good, anything more than that would need some serious thought. 

It’s 99.99% certain that it won’t be below £30m if he keeps playing well.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Yep. Wouldn’t surprise me if Barkley becomes our new transfer record, if he wants to commit to a perm deal at all. 

If I could choose then a CM of starting quality to compete with/cover SJM, and another striker or versatile forward would be the shouts for Jan. We’re very light in both areas.

Assuming no key outgoings next summer, then spend big on a LB to try and displace Targett & a young highly rated CB to replace Hause. 

15 hours ago, Philosopher said:

Angelino was sold for 5.35 and bought back for 10.7. Basically double after 1 season.

And Man. City played him in about 10 games and have loaned him out to Leipzig last two seasons even though LB is a pretty weak position for them.

They will only sign Doug again if they're actually planning on playing him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

And Man. City played him in about 10 games and have loaned him out to Leipzig last two seasons even though LB is a pretty weak position for them.

They will only sign Doug again if they're actually planning on playing him.

Leipzig have a a 16.5m option on him.

11 hours ago, ender4 said:

30m would be fair, so expect a 50m demand!

Its really good short term business.....but if/when we want to make it long term we have shot ourselves in the foot!