Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

50 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Tastes best out of the glass bottle. 

Source: lived in glasgow for 10 years

Tastes best with vodka, the way proper Jocks drink it. 

We’re gonna win by 2. Fancy Traoré to have his first substantial cameo and make us all happy. 

5 hours ago, robby b said:

I'm still worried about McGinn, if I remember rightly he played 120 minutes on Thursday last week, 90 on Sunday last week and another 90 on Wednesday! So that's three matches in seven days (one of them with extra-time) and then just three days rest before another game. :s He's going to be a bit tired, isn't he? Tomorrow will be his 4th match in 11 days! 

You have to remember that time passes differently for superJMcG when he is in form, so the load is equivalent to 4 games in 22 days for regular people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fruitvilla said:

The first football match I ever saw was Villa vs Leicester sixty years ago in October at Villa Park. Villa lost 3:1. 

I want revenge.

patience is a virtue.😀

17 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I have a nagging feeling that this is the kind of game where before the game a draw seems like a good result but after the game we feel robbed? Just a touch of pessimism perhaps. 

Yeah can see this being likely.

Got to keep perspective any which way. These lot should have finished 3rd last season. 

Something Smith is always very strong on actually. Never gets too high or low regardless. A good man to have at the helm.

Edited by Tomaszk

14 hours ago, tinker said:

Grealish caused chaos in this fixture last year , well the one in the cup, created loads of chances that were missed 

There are a couple of moments in this that really make me remember what a good player AEG is when he’s on it. Hope he can recapture that.

• Like 1

We'd do well to put the Liverpool result out of our minds for this one. It's too easy to get carried away after that. If we do manage to pull off a convincing win though, then we might just end up as the league's surprise package this year.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, John said:

Just noticed Lawro's prediction for the game from the BBC football site: 

"Aston Villa have won three out of three league games, but it might all come crashing down this weekend. Leicester were taken apart by West Ham last time out, but I'd expect them to be back on it on Sunday. Jamie Vardy will be rested and raring to go after the international break and I wouldn't be surprised if he scores at least once for the Foxes."

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Rema's prediction: 5-1

He really can't get over last weekend's result can he?  As for "singer, rapper, Afrobeat star and Manchester United fan Rema"...:rolleyes:

Lawro couldn’t predict tomorrow’s sunrise. 

Although in fairness, in this instance it’s a tricky one to call. I’ve seen Leicester play sublimely and like utter dog turd this season.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MadridVilla said:

May I encourage all of you VTers who will refuse to pay the £14.95 for pay-per-view to consider donating the money to a local charity, food bank, Acorns, or whatever other cause you feel is more deserving of your money.

Newcastle fans have managed to raise over £5000 for a local food bank, where the money is in much better hands than the Premier League.

sorry already pressed the purchase button. I believe most of the money goes to the Villa and I cant miss the chance of seeing us get 4 out of 4, how many times does that opportunity come along in the Prem 

30 minutes ago, Robtaylor200 said:

sorry already pressed the purchase button. I believe most of the money goes to the Villa and I cant miss the chance of seeing us get 4 out of 4, how many times does that opportunity come along in the Prem 

My resolve has somewhat.wavered as of getting up this morning. Cannot remember looking forward to watching a game of football this much for a very long time

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

They have a lot of injuries so will potentially be missing a few starters tonight. They look like playing Wes Morgan (back-up) and Wesley Fofana (debut) at the back so can see Watkins and Grealish having a field day tonight. 

I'm going for a 4-1 Villa win with Jack, Watkins (2) and Barkley the scorers for us. 

• Like 1

I think we have a really good opportunity today. They supposedly have injuries to key players, just got beaten badly at west ham and may have to bring in players that havent played first team football for ages. We are flying and at full strength.

I do worry our lineup is v. Predictable though. Only trez or traore at rw. The rest picks itself

So Soyuncu, Pereira, Ndidi, Amartey and Evans out.

Vardy, Maddison and Praet with knocks but likely to feature.

Good time to face them, would really like if Vardy missed the game as he loves scoring against us.

12 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think we have a really good opportunity today. They supposedly have injuries to key players, just got beaten badly at west ham and may have to bring in players that havent played first team football for ages. We are flying and at full strength.

I do worry our lineup is v. Predictable though. Only trez or traore at rw. The rest picks itself

I like that. As somebody pointed out, Leicester won the league with sixteen players. And of course, Saunders' Famous Fourteen. 

• Like 2