Pre-match Thread

alreadyexists

2 hours ago, John said:

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Seems like a fair prediction to me.

It could easily be 2-0 tomorrow... though of course it could also be 0-2 to Villa.

So difficult to predict after Leicester’s off day against West Ham, us having a miracle score line, and an international break for 2 weeks.

The score could be anything 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

On 07/10/2020 at 01:43, AJ said:

1 nil vs Sheffield Utd. 3 nil versus Fulham. 7 -2 = 5 vs Liverpool. Its all sequential. We are going to smash em by 7! 😜

JK. I am just hoping for a good game.

Hoorah! :D And then we're going to beat Leeds 9 (nine) - 0! Wooow!

I'm still worried about McGinn, if I remember rightly he played 120 minutes on Thursday last week, 90 on Sunday last week and another 90 on Wednesday! So that's three matches in seven days (one of them with extra-time) and then just three days rest before another game. :s He's going to be a bit tired, isn't he? Tomorrow will be his 4th match in 11 days! 

Edited by robby b
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, robby b said:

I'm still worried about McGinn, if I remember rightly he played 120 minutes on Thursday last week, 90 on Sunday last week and another 90 on Wednesday! So that's three matches in seven days (one of them with extra-time) and then just three days rest before another game. :s He's going to be a bit tired, isn't he? Tomorrow will be his 4th match in 11 days! 

He can be first sub at 60’ when we’re 3-0 up. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, robby b said:

3 full days rest, is plenty.  Even if its one day off, One day light training, one day pre-match day training, its enough for him to be perfectly match fit.  It's when this happens for a prolonged period that it starts to affect professionals. As said above, he can easily play a brilliant 60 minutes and then be subbed if his exhaustion starts kicking in.

As stated above  the contrasting results in our previous matches, the 2 week gap in club football, sets this up to be a wild card. I expect there to be lots of goals, but if Vardy is out then I'd back us to score the most.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, robby b said:

Its the early part of the season he will be fine. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John said:

Just noticed Lawro's prediction for the game from the BBC football site: 

"Aston Villa have won three out of three league games, but it might all come crashing down this weekend. Leicester were taken apart by West Ham last time out, but I'd expect them to be back on it on Sunday. Jamie Vardy will be rested and raring to go after the international break and I wouldn't be surprised if he scores at least once for the Foxes."

Lawro's prediction: 2-0

Rema's prediction: 5-1

He really can't get over last weekend's result can he?  As for "singer, rapper, Afrobeat star and Manchester United fan Rema"...:rolleyes:

They both also said Arsenal will beat city 5-2

5 hours ago, ender4 said:

Seems like a fair prediction to me.

It could easily be 2-0 tomorrow... though of course it could also be 0-2 to Villa.

So difficult to predict after Leicester’s off day against West Ham, us having a miracle score line, and an international break for 2 weeks.

The score could be anything 🤷‍♂️

Yes difficult to predict, although Lawro seems to have no difficulty in seeing quite a change in form for both teams following the International break, producing a comfortable defeat for us and as for the idiot that said 5-1!!! 

8 minutes ago, John said:

Yes difficult to predict, although Lawro seems to have no difficulty in seeing quite a change in form for both teams following the International break, producing a comfortable defeat for us and as for the idiot that said 5-1!!! 

I think there's some sour grapes from Liverpool fan Lawro this week, he hasn't mentioned our match against them at all in his prediction. He's predicted us to lose but I don't think getting the result right is the only reason he wants us to lose! 

• Like 1