England v Wales/England v Belgium/England v Denmark

andykeenan

22 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be honest, Trippier may be a better (international) left back than any of them. He was certainly one of our best three players yesterday.

I dont have anything against Trippier he is asolid pro but sometimes you need a proper left back to balance the backline.cant rely on just Chilwell to be fit every game

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont have anything against Trippier he is asolid pro but sometimes you need a proper left back to balance the backline.cant rely on just Chilwell to be fit every game

Yeah, I don't disagree - I think the hope is Saka will turn into that.

42 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be honest, Trippier may be a better (international) left back than any of them. He was certainly one of our best three players yesterday.

I can deal with him playing a right back at left back even if I don’t think he has to but I can’t agree he needs three centre backs with two defensive midfielders and then plays a central midfielder as a wide forward. We literally have a crap ton of wide forwards

Edited by paul514

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Trippier is out of the squad and potentislly banned for 6 months due to a betting issue. Chilwell still out but Southgate decided not to call another left back 😂

I wondered what the Trippier issue was all about. I saw he’d left the squad for a personal issue... stupid guy should be old enough to know better.

Southgate might give a Grealish a run but put Mount at left back so he’s not disappointed about not playing.

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

should have earned enough to not bother 

I can get enjoying a bit of gambling. I do it a bit, and it's not about the money, I play with very small sums, it's just for fun.

But how **** stupid do you have to be to risk your career for it. If you really want a flutter, here's an idea, bet on a different sport.

Edit: Rumours are it's his mates that placed the bets when he was moving club, rather than him gambling, in which case I have a lot more sympathy for him.

Edited by Davkaus

4 hours ago, Rodders said:

England v new zealand friendly called off next month. Good stuff, that's one less match for Jack and Tyrone to be involved in

Not so fast - the FA will find another team to play in order to comply with FIFA international fixture dates.

im guessing it’ll end up being either a low level European team or a further flung nation who could field a team of players based in the UK or Europe. 

considering the pandemic, international friendlies should be knocked on the head. 

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Not so fast - the FA will find another team to play in order to comply with FIFA international fixture dates.

im guessing it’ll end up being either a low level European team or a further flung nation who could field a team of players based in the UK or Europe. 

considering the pandemic, international friendlies should be knocked on the head. 

Damn, but yeah, considering there are competitive games going on anway, they seem unjustifiable really

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I wondered what the Trippier issue was all about. I saw he’d left the squad for a personal issue... stupid guy should be old enough to know better.

Southgate might give a Grealish a run but put Mount at left back so he’s not disappointed about not playing.

He is stupid, but betting is an addiction that ruins lives. Through work I know of people who were once high earner and now due to gambling have lost everything they had. It’s a serious issue and needs to be tackled. One big problem is Sky Sports referring to odds on their own betting site. People get bored, get betting, get addicted. It takes lives as well because a percentage of those who get addicted take their lives. Others move onto other addictions.

So he probably should know better, but he also needs support.

• Like 1

Â