England v Wales/England v Belgium/England v Denmark

andykeenan

Wild thought but maybe it should be illegal to offer bets on things outside of competition like transfers, next manager, politics, TV, oscars etc to prevent this shit from happening.

edit: late, but as Genie said.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, a m ole said:

Wild thought but maybe it should be illegal to offer bets on things outside of competition like transfers, next manager, politics, TV, oscars etc to prevent this shit from happening.

edit: late, but as Genie said.

That’s a discussion worth having, although you have to consider that the ‘victims’ of ‘insider betting’ are the betting agencies that offer to take bets and if it was banned perhaps it would drive black market betting instead which could also be problematic?

Strange part for me is that there was a betting market for Trippier to move. He is a good player a solid pro but no way that such a market would or should be available for a back up right back next club

I have sympathy for Trippier if thats the case and none for the gambling companies

It remains to be seen whether Trippier is the victim of having some greedy mates who have mugged him off and landed him in trouble, or if he told them to get some money on the transfer happening.

If it’s greedy mates then a 6 month ban is extremely harsh on him. If it’s the latter then it’s his own fault. 
I assume the authorities have the messages in question so I guess it’ll come out at some point.

Â