England v Wales/England v Belgium/England v Denmark

andykeenan

You just know that in a year or 2’s time there will be memes going round where people are laughing that Grealish was left on the bench and players like Kalvin-Phillips, Maitland-Niles and Reece James were starting.

Its pretty hilarious now already tbh.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said the same in the Grealish thread before. Yeah as a Villa fan it annoys me that Jack isn't getting the opportunities and recognition he deserves.

But as an England fan it's sad, and to be honest downright scary, that this manager could waste such a talented generation of players

It’s not even about Jack for me, this goes way further than that and back further too.

I just think Southgate is a very average manager who got incredibly fortunate to get to a WC final.

He was poor at Boro and then went to the Under 21’s because he wouldn’t have got another job and did a bang average job. He then got the England job because they were desperate for someone with a clean image who wouldn’t embarrass them.

Since then he has been on some sort of purge to try and make the England team as devoid of flair and personality as he is.  All the while championing ethics and standards only to forget all about them when it comes to certain people like Maguire.

I think he would probably do a great job running the FA but as England manager he’ll no. He didn’t deserve the job in the first place and his performance in it is poor in spite of that Semi Final.

• Like 4

I imagine Southgate has picked so many defenders just to protect Pickford in goal 

cant believe we’re wasting this talented pool of players with archaic tactics... I actually think this current crop are better than our last ‘golden’ era of Beckham et al. 

Â