England v Wales/England v Belgium/England v Denmark

andykeenan

Got the radio coverage on, "Gareth Southgate has a lot to think about here".

I'd like to think that internal monologue is something along the lines of whether another 1 or two defensive midfielders is the way forward at this point.

25 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Great news Jack and Mings are getting a rest. It’s McGinn I’m worried about. 3 games in 6 days is stupid. Luiz and Martinez also have long trips back late in the week before the game Sunday.

If SJM is too tired to play Sunday we might see Jack in midfield with Luiz and Barkley, Trez, Traoré and Watkins up top.  That wouldn’t worry me. 

Also Maguire! 😂😂 go on TM.. 

and a pen!! 😂😂😂

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It’s not even about Jack for me, this goes way further than that and back further too.

I just think Southgate is a very average manager who got incredibly fortunate to get to a WC final.

He was poor at Boro and then went to the Under 21’s because he wouldn’t have got another job and did a bang average job. He then got the England job because they were desperate for someone with a clean image who wouldn’t embarrass them.

Since then he has been on some sort of purge to try and make the England team as devoid of flair and personality as he is.  All the while championing ethics and standards only to forget all about them when it comes to certain people like Maguire.

I think he would probably do a great job running the FA but as England manager he’ll no. He didn’t deserve the job in the first place and his performance in it is poor in spite of that Semi Final.

Southgate is also the beneficary of years of xenophobic media rubbish about 'English lad for English job' post Sven and Capello. And I agree, a media-friendly, centrist-dad figure, 'uniting' the nation one waistcoat at a time. His luck will run out eventually.

• Like 1

Â