England v Wales/England v Belgium/England v Denmark

andykeenan

Just now, Genie said:

Foden, Greenwood, Sancho, Mount, Sterling, Rashford all ahead of Grealish. 

I’m quite glad actually, he’s ours to enjoy not anybody else’s. Come home Jack you are wanted and loved you don’t need the pre-madonnas

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Shocking Grealish didn't play, shocking. Gaby will have something to say about that, anyone heard him on Talksport. 

Yes he’s like a breath of fresh air

Gotta say, reading through this thread, I feel like a bit of a sense of proportion might have been lost. That was a good result against a very good team. Not a great performance, but not terrible either, especially in the second half.

I imagine Grealish and/or Mings will be getting some minutes in the easier game against Denmark.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

the BBC are waxing lyrical over Belgium being "the top ranked team". It strikes me that if you can be the number one ranked team despite not winning any tournaments, the ranking is bollocks.

Belgium are so overrated its unreal. They have some great players but no left back, Benteke and Origi as back up forwards and 2 world class players who cant play together. 

They have enough talent to win games but organised teams will beat them, Swiss beat them 5-2 not so long ago

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I agree mate but would you have him in your team ahead of Jack?

I'm honestly not sure. Grealish is currently the better player, I don't dispute that for a moment, but Mount has got youth on his side. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mount overtake Grealish.

Grealish should certainly be starting ahead of mount based on current performances, but, he's not fully fit, so I have no problem with him not playing today.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Belgium are so overrated its unreal. They have some great players but no left back, Benteke and Origi as back up forwards and 2 world class players who cant play together. 

They have enough talent to win games but organised teams will beat them, Swiss beat them 5-2 not so long ago

Yeah, I think they're a damn good side and have some really talented players, but the FIFA rankings are an absolute joke. They've been the number 1 side since 2018. Their best performance has been a respectable 3rd place WC finish.  Battering minnows in meaningless games does not make you the best side.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm honestly not sure. Grealish is currently the better player, I don't dispute that for a moment, but Mount has got youth on his side. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mount overtake Grealish.

Grealish should certainly be starting ahead of mount based on current performances, but, he's not fully fit, so I have no problem with him not playing today.

Mount is a wonderful player and will get better. What he will never have he is Jack’s vision and ability to beat a player or draw a foul. How important that is to England it’s all down to personal opinion

Our players came home without injury thats good enough for me. As a distant second England also won two games. Southgate is a bad manager but in terms of the actual results I care about he is at 100%.

back to the important games with a healthy Grealish and Mings!

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Gotta say, reading through this thread, I feel like a bit of a sense of proportion might have been lost. That was a good result against a very good team. Not a great performance, but not terrible either, especially in the second half.

I imagine Grealish and/or Mings will be getting some minutes in the easier game against Denmark.

Belgium played the last 70 minutes like a pre-season friendly

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You are vastly becoming the voice of reason in my opinion and I don’t like it 👍🤣

• Haha 1

Â