England v Wales/England v Belgium/England v Denmark

andykeenan

Trying to really make a point, Gareth? I mean, at home to the mighty Denmark most managers would see one point as a good result, right?

I get Phillips besides the odd "PL experience" debate. He's a good DM, no doubt. But Rice? What exactly has he done? And the two together suring up in front of a 5 men backline? I bet that if he could have used two goalkeppers he would've.

But apart from all that I think the worst thing is Maguire. Why? He's slow, poor feet and got ran over by spuds a week ago. He might'vee been good for leicester, but since his move to manure he's just declined.

At least he didn't pick Dier as a CD. Probably too attacking.

27 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Jack with a MOTM performance and ends up getting benched the next games.

Makes zero sense to me.

It does make zero sense, untill you realise the reason behind it......

........ Southgate is a weapons-grade clearing in the woods.

• Like 1

Looks like Southgate genuinely does have trouble getting a mask over his nose.  Anyway I was always of the opinion I'd rather Jack didn't get a call up but now I'm pissed off he isn't playing.  Ah well, I'll start the last season of The Wire instead tonight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Once again we’ve a talented bunch of players being waisted by an absolutely dire manager. 

Sadly, even if they sacked him they would probably go with another plonker like Aidy Boothroyd. 

Now "project big picture" has been defeated, can we concentrate on a "project FA revamp"

34 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Once again we’ve a talented bunch of players being waisted by an absolutely dire manager. 

I said the same in the Grealish thread before. Yeah as a Villa fan it annoys me that Jack isn't getting the opportunities and recognition he deserves.

But as an England fan it's sad, and to be honest downright scary, that this manager could waste such a talented generation of players

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Great news Jack and Mings are getting a rest. It’s McGinn I’m worried about. 3 games in 6 days is stupid. Luiz and Martinez also have long trips back late in the week before the game Sunday.

They’re probably already on their way back If they played in our early hours. 

No surprise Maguire getting a yellow. He's looked all over the shop so far playing on the left of a three, and his first touch is horrendous. Why the hell is Southgate continuing with square pegs in round holes to accommodate his favourites!? Play Maguire in the right and Mings left of Coady for god sake man!?!?

• Like 1

Â