Ross Barkley

LondonLax

7 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

It's a ludicrous thing to speculate about.

I might have missed something here but are we saying that after a covid outbreak saw a number of our players contract the disease, it’s ludicrous to suggest that one of our players has shown some of the symptoms for a few weeks?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I might have missed something here but are we saying that after a covid outbreak saw a number of our players contract the disease, it’s ludicrous to suggest that one of our players has shown some of the symptoms for a few weeks?

If you're referring to Barkley, then technically he belongs to Chelsea and isn't our player.

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If for the rest of the season he performed like he did against Everton, and the price tag was £20m, would you take him?

20 hours ago, Steero113 said:

If Barkley comes out and plays well the rest of the games and at the end of the season Dean says he's had long covid this entire time, does that constitute enough of a reason as to why he was poor for 3 months? 

Would that be enough for us to consider him at £20m?

E5F5DE41-8A8D-402C-B2B0-05F04FEE262E.gif

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If for the rest of the season he performed like he did against Everton, and the price tag was £20m, would you take him?

No... but have the view that Chelski will move some players on in the summer with Barkley being one of them, he might be available for far cheaper. I'd have him to sit on the bench at 12m.

51 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Yea, but I think if he was a available at £20m in the summer we would have taken him

50 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

No... but have the view that Chelski will move some players on in the summer with Barkley being one of them, he might be available for far cheaper. I'd have him to sit on the bench at 12m.

Offer 35m for Tammy and Barkley.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I like what your thinking and would love to see Tammy back, but have the feeling Smith is going to give Wesley a chance and if we do go for a Striker will be something different to Tammy, who is more physical and offers us something different.

33 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I like what your thinking and would love to see Tammy back, but have the feeling Smith is going to give Wesley a chance and if we do go for a Striker will be something different to Tammy, who is more physical and offers us something different.

So, Keinan Davis?

52 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

So, Keinan Davis?

But Italian, playing for Torino, and supposedly available for about €25m this summer.. 

Guest av1
3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Welcome to VT Mr Levy.

PS - Jack for Josh Onamah🤣🤣🤣 

16 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I was more referring to the signs of his poor attitude, when being subbed etc. Also i believe if he was that badly affected by Covid that he could barely jog let alone run, then Dean made a big mistake naming him in the team.

There is lethargy and then there is taking the piss. The two are very different in my humble opinion.

I mean, who actually cares about that stuff? You, obviously, but I really don't see a player being upset at being substituted as a reason to write them off. 

As for the rest, what more can I say? I can only speak from experience of a nasty virus. Smith did, eventually, pull him out of the starting lineup.

As I said initially though, we really have no idea what has gone on, only that something hasn't been right with him. On the information I have, I wouldn't go near him.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Welcome to VT Mr Levy.

PS - Jack for Josh Onamah🤣🤣🤣 

If I was Levy it would have been 20m for the two and we'll throw in Neil Taylor to sweeten the pot.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I mean, who actually cares about that stuff? You, obviously, but I really don't see a player being upset at being substituted as a reason to write them off. 

As for the rest, what more can I say? I can only speak from experience of a nasty virus. Smith did, eventually, pull him out of the starting lineup.

As I said initially though, we really have no idea what has gone on, only that something hasn't been right with him. On the information I have, I wouldn't go near him.

Care to share?

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have the same info as you. As in talk of long covid etc is all pure speculation. 

Ah okay, sorry, I read that as you having some super secret ITK. 

If Lange / Smith want him, I hope we sign him. We've been given absolutely no reason to not trust their judgement so far. 

• Like 1

Â