Jump to content

Ross Barkley


LondonLax
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, MrSmirch said:

It's a ludicrous thing to speculate about.

I might have missed something here but are we saying that after a covid outbreak saw a number of our players contract the disease, it’s ludicrous to suggest that one of our players has shown some of the symptoms for a few weeks?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I might have missed something here but are we saying that after a covid outbreak saw a number of our players contract the disease, it’s ludicrous to suggest that one of our players has shown some of the symptoms for a few weeks?

If you're referring to Barkley, then technically he belongs to Chelsea and isn't our player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

If you're referring to Barkley, then technically he belongs to Chelsea and isn't our player.

Oh well let’s move this topic to other football then ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If for the rest of the season he performed like he did against Everton, and the price tag was £20m, would you take him?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If for the rest of the season he performed like he did against Everton, and the price tag was £20m, would you take him?

 

20 hours ago, Steero113 said:

If Barkley comes out and plays well the rest of the games and at the end of the season Dean says he's had long covid this entire time, does that constitute enough of a reason as to why he was poor for 3 months? 

Would that be enough for us to consider him at £20m?

 

E5F5DE41-8A8D-402C-B2B0-05F04FEE262E.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If for the rest of the season he performed like he did against Everton, and the price tag was £20m, would you take him?

No... but have the view that Chelski will move some players on in the summer with Barkley being one of them, he might be available for far cheaper. I'd have him to sit on the bench at 12m.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

If for the rest of the season he performed like he did against Everton, and the price tag was £20m, would you take him?

Yea, but I think if he was a available at £20m in the summer we would have taken him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

No... but have the view that Chelski will move some players on in the summer with Barkley being one of them, he might be available for far cheaper. I'd have him to sit on the bench at 12m.

Offer 35m for Tammy and Barkley.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Offer 35m for Tammy and Barkley.

I like what your thinking and would love to see Tammy back, but have the feeling Smith is going to give Wesley a chance and if we do go for a Striker will be something different to Tammy, who is more physical and offers us something different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


33 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I like what your thinking and would love to see Tammy back, but have the feeling Smith is going to give Wesley a chance and if we do go for a Striker will be something different to Tammy, who is more physical and offers us something different.

So, Keinan Davis?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

So, Keinan Davis?

But Italian, playing for Torino, and supposedly available for about €25m this summer.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I was more referring to the signs of his poor attitude, when being subbed etc. Also i believe if he was that badly affected by Covid that he could barely jog let alone run, then Dean made a big mistake naming him in the team.

There is lethargy and then there is taking the piss. The two are very different in my humble opinion.

I mean, who actually cares about that stuff? You, obviously, but I really don't see a player being upset at being substituted as a reason to write them off. 

As for the rest, what more can I say? I can only speak from experience of a nasty virus. Smith did, eventually, pull him out of the starting lineup.

As I said initially though, we really have no idea what has gone on, only that something hasn't been right with him. On the information I have, I wouldn't go near him.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I mean, who actually cares about that stuff? You, obviously, but I really don't see a player being upset at being substituted as a reason to write them off. 

As for the rest, what more can I say? I can only speak from experience of a nasty virus. Smith did, eventually, pull him out of the starting lineup.

As I said initially though, we really have no idea what has gone on, only that something hasn't been right with him. On the information I have, I wouldn't go near him.

Care to share?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I have the same info as you. As in talk of long covid etc is all pure speculation. 

Ah okay, sorry, I read that as you having some super secret ITK. 

If Lange / Smith want him, I hope we sign him. We've been given absolutely no reason to not trust their judgement so far. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â