Ross Barkley

LondonLax

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Sorry, but this is such bullshit about him being 'lazy', 'not good enough', etc. He's just come back from injury and we've had an outbreak of covid-19 in the squad. Ross - it's not that we don't like you, we're just fickle. 

There is this thing in football where the fear of a player can affect the opposition.....They are all fearful of Jack, but we need more.....Ross Barkley is a player, opponents will be wary of, I know names don't win Football matches, actions do......but he does have pedigree.

He can turn a game and that header was much better, than it first looked.....that was class, from both of them, players who are in synch with each other......I like Ross.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

You're right he is a luxury player but one that has already come good multiple times this year. 2 times now he has bagged a goal that got us 3 points when at best deserved 1. You know how they say a keeper is with 10-15 points a season. Well a player like Ross is about the same. He's a match winner and as long as Chelsea are reasonable with the fee I think he is a no brainier for a transfer this summer. 

The same can be said about AEG this season. He's scored crunch goals and tracks back. I don't feel like we should be defending Ross' lacklustre tracking back and pressing game just because of his name. Each forward player should carry their share, that is modern football.

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think, like you Tro, he would be a good addition, but I guess it will really depend on the price, which would have to reflect his injury record.

Totally agree, we can't be held to ransom.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

The same can be said about AEG this season. He's scored crunch goals and tracks back. I don't feel like we should be defending Ross' lacklustre tracking back and pressing game just because of his name. Each forward player should carry their share, that is modern football.

AEG doesn't get his foot in or body to press....he just shadows, when he does track back, not a great difference to me......the best is Trez at defensive duties as an attacker.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

AEG is an average PL player who is a great squad option. He is not someone we can start for 30+ games in a PL season and compete for the top 6.

AEG had a run of 30 games in the championship and returned all of 5 goals. Then he got another 30 games in the Prem and grabbed 4 goals. Finally his favored position is the one our best player currently occupies and it makes far more sense to bring in a "10" like Barkley over trying to find another winger. 

This isn't a slight against Anwar, he has a role to play but for our aspirations he is a squad player at best. 

The only things that deserve a bit of scrutiny when it comes to Barkley are:

- His injury record
- How much it'd cost to sign him

The talent is clear for anyone to see and along with Grealish and Traore has the technique and vision to try and do things that can really unlock defences. That's the sort of level we want from our attacking players. I'd go as far as saying he's the most two-footed player at the club and he brings an extra bit of strength and presence to the attack. 

Interestingly, Smith said:

"He missed out (previously) because we were all in self-isolation. He was back to fitness but we couldn’t do any group training because there was no-one to train with. He is happy to get his fitness back during matches."

Which explains his slightly rusty start back. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t he say himself he is playing more games than actually training? I personally think a 80% Barkley is better than anything we have on the bench apart from Sanson as I haven’t seen him yet. 

Yes he did say that.

31 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I've also got:

Rick Ross Barkley
Cash Rules Everything Around Me
Lil John (McGinn) and his hit song, 'Turn down for Wat-kins' 

I should probably do some work

Emi (Martinez) nem

Notorious Bert-y T

Edit - Mine are worse. Does that mean I win or I lose?

Edited by YouUnastanFren
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I want him just to keep Master Gresford happy. If Sir Jack wants it made permanent, make it permanent. Infact I want him on the board too, drawing up plans in the boardroom with Purslow and Nasty Nas, if he isnt already. Jack must be catered for and kept sweet whatever the cost.

Too early for a Jack Grealish stand???  😁

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I've also got:

Rick Ross Barkley
Cash Rules Everything Around Me
Lil John (McGinn) and his hit song, 'Turn down for Wat-kins' 

I should probably do some work

Don't go doing something that you might regret...

Â