Ross Barkley

LondonLax

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Staggering.

Don't get me wrong, he's clearly a good player, but he is also the reason why our 3 man central midfield looks lost. If our CAM or Barkley will walk around as a second striker and contribute so little. Then Barkley needs to score and create a LOT more.

So just replacing him with another striker seems almost doable to me.

He was ace tonight against a Southampton side determined to keep the ball which they did brilliantly. He made some very good passes to the players in fro t of him and on the flanks.

Although we won and defended we were just shut out from the game really and it's tough for any player to look good against a team that's controlling the state of play.

• Like 1

I don't mind him drifting in and out of the game like #10's typically do if he continues to come up with the goods. Just want him to be more incisive when he gets into those advanced positions. Hit players early etc. He's getting fitter though. Very dangerous to keep tabs on him, Jack and Ollie at the same time.

• Like 1

That's what a player of this quality gets you. He's a match winner. Can be frustrating and will never hit the heights expected of him but he is light years ahead of anything we could hope to sign even in the summer.

Get him tied up.

Jon Moss might want his shorts back though.

I just think his injuries over the years have effected his mobility, he still has a lot of qualities especially when an opportunity pops up around the box.  He was unlucky with that left foot volley that hit the bar the other day.  I'd be happy to sign him but in the summer I reckon we could be in the position to hand-pick one of the best young attacking midfielders in the world if we have a similar budget but only a couple of first choice positions to fill.

• Like 1

A couple iffy moments tonight but that was an excellent header. I wouldn't have been against him being on the bench tonight but his goal is exactly the reason he starts, he's a match winner and has that real quality. 

Surprise surprise he’s getting back to some sort of fitness and looks decent again. 

1 or 2 more full 90 mins and he’s going to be back at it. 

The calls for him to be “sent back to Chelsea” are ludicrous hyperbole 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Don't get me wrong, he's clearly a good player, but he is also the reason why our 3 man central midfield looks lost. If our CAM or Barkley will walk around as a second striker and contribute so little. Then Barkley needs to score and create a LOT more.

So just replacing him with another striker seems almost doable to me.

Contributed so little tonight with the match winning goal

He must be enjoying himself here more than that plastic russian place he's come from.

Have to say though he does like a bit of what we used to childishly call bum chum football in school. Where the best two players keep passing to each other. He goes out of his way to pass to jack. Kinda funny to watch

• Haha 1

Played much better off the ball tonight. Actually stopped a lot of attacks from developing easier and he pressed them into hurried passes and hoofs out of play.

If Ross can get to 10 goals and 4 assists for the season we'll overachieve and finish in the top 6. 

Edited by Sulberto21

Â