Ross Barkley

LondonLax

I generally had the impression that his end product hadn't been up to the levels we would want/expect but looking at it he's got 3G 1A after playing 9 games worth of minutes. That's really not that bad, especially when two of the goals were in 1-0 wins against teams around us.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I thought Barkley was much better tonight.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was definitely MUCH better tonight.

Jacks cross was inch perfect but he took and steered it brilliantly.

He was alot better and a very good goal too.

Playing the full 90 minutes won't have done him any harm either in terms of getting him back up to speed.

Can see all peoples view's on Ross against Southampton, but I do think it was his best performance since his return from injury, so let's hope he keeps up the improvement.

I think we can all agree, was some header to score!

Edited by yayoboy

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Have you tried wyscout?

Nope. I assume it requires registration. But I assume those who made that claim are able to screen dump that into this thread if it's true.

But might look into that one tbh, only ever tried a couple of others. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

Having been our for so long it's probably not fair to demand that he is 100% right away, but it's apparently not just a fitness thing but perhaps a confidence thing as well. Up until his goal I was quite annoyed that he didn't do any sprints and didn't press like the others. Then after his goal he suddenly started doing a couple of bursts and sprints. Looked like he has a spring in his step right away after the goal. Look at that what a goal can do for your confidence. But with or without confidence, givning 100% and making sprints should be the basics. If he isn't fit enough to do it for the whole game, then let him work his socks off for 60 mins and bring on someone else after that.

Ross doesn't feel like the type of player we need. We can't afford to have someone who doesn't press, looks lazy and just jogs around and waits for that one moment. His goal aside I found the whole performance quite similar to that against Burnley. Why he wasn't subbed is on DS, but I felt he should've been on the bench for AEG around the 60th minute.

Why would we come out and say we are desperate to sign him? Gotta play it coy. Ross is more than welcome to kick up a fuss if he wants though. 

We got money but if we can get him for 20m rather than 30m brill!  Dean also said we aren't paying millions for players who can't stay fit all season. Barkley might just be the perfect stop gap we needed for our new target. 

Reads the game, very well....could do with some better fitness.....but a fine player, very dangerous around the box, good feet...I can see why Jack like him in the team.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Ross doesn't feel like the type of player we need. We can't afford to have someone who doesn't press, looks lazy and just jogs around and waits for that one moment. His goal aside I found the whole performance quite similar to that against Burnley. Why he wasn't subbed is on DS, but I felt he should've been on the bench for AEG around the 60th minute.

You're right he is a luxury player but one that has already come good multiple times this year. 2 times now he has bagged a goal that got us 3 points when at best deserved 1. You know how they say a keeper is with 10-15 points a season. Well a player like Ross is about the same. He's a match winner and as long as Chelsea are reasonable with the fee I think he is a no brainier for a transfer this summer. 

Â