Ross Barkley

LondonLax

I think you can see that he's trying to play himself up to speed and it's to our detriment overall. Shows moments of real quality on the ball but will then dwell on it for too long, mistimed/placed passes that otherwise wouldn't have been etc, the kind of stuff that's symptomatic of a player that's just out of rhythm.

The quality is still there though. I think if he were to come off the bench later in a game he'd be extremely dangerous and for the next game or two might do him more good than trying to force it from the first whistle.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Both him and McGinn who were shocking suddenly came to life at 2-0 down. Was weird.

I’d argue both need to be replaced against Arsenal. However, McGinn will probably just keep his place.

Ill be angry seeing Barkley start after that showing. Pathetic. 

The problem is that barkley is what we need, someone moving and making himself available for a pass in the final 3rd, playing in the space that is created by Jack being double teamed, making runs that opens up channels for Jack and ollie, the only player in our squad who can do that is Barkley 

Of all of those things the only thing he did was make the run for ollies shot 

Everything else he either didn't do or was really poor at it, his form and fitness is terrible, he looks way off the pace and worse than that he also looks like he's trying too hard, not doing the simple stuff and trying to take too many people on

His lethargy in tracking back is killing us too 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Against Liverpool he looked strong and powerful. Has his hamstring injury knocked more out of him than we know?

Yeah he looks like he's coming back from an ACL or something. This is not the same player from before his injury. Looks very laboured out there.

It's the paradox of him coming back to fitness but also playing so many games in such a short space of time with less training. Looks like it isn't working. I'd say rest him until we're back to 1 game per week and ease him back in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The problem is that barkley is what we need, someone moving and making himself available for a pass in the final 3rd, playing in the space that is created by Jack being double teamed, making runs that opens up channels for Jack and ollie, the only player in our squad who can do that is Barkley 

Everything else he either didn't do or was really poor at it, his form and fitness is terrible, he looks way off the pace and worse than that he also looks like he's trying too hard, not doing the simple stuff and trying to take too many people on

He doesn't **** move at all. He isn't what we need. What need is a top quality left winger. But since we don't have one I'll settle for the guy who scored 5 in 6 from there. 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

high quality GIF

The rest of your post after the first paragraph makes all the arguments for why he ain't. Lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Look at our guys out on loan, if they’re not deemed good enough to start, they don’t.

I don’t know why we’re persisting with him.  He offers nothing when we don’t have the ball, and 3 games in 4 offers nothing when we have it.

The way we play, he can’t be in the team.  Players will get pulled out of position pressing where he is supposed to be doing it.

I’ve said before, he’s a luxury we really don’t need.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

high quality GIF

Yeah I think so, we need a player of his ilk, hoping it's sanson and that he's better than him

Like I said Jack on the left is double teamed, that means space in the middle, that is the game for us, Jack left, proper RW stretching the game and providing us with balance, a good AMC playing in the space 

That's what Lingard did tonight, killed us behind Luiz in absolute acres of space, brilliant movement 

As I said Barkley is the only player we have that plays that role, if we bring Nakamba in its a different team, Ramsey I don't think has the reading of the game yet 

• Like 1

I think it's no surprise that Luiz and McGinn have looked poor since he came back in. He's overworking them not covering the ground he needs to. We looked far more solid with Jack in there tbh. We suffer out wide but I wonder if the upshot is we suffer more with Barkley on there. Just seems to expose the middle when we don't have the ball. He's too slow.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thug said:

Look at our guys out on loan, if they’re not deemed good enough to start, they don’t.

I don’t know why we’re persisting with him.  He offers nothing when we don’t have the ball, and 3 games in 4 offers nothing when we have it.

The way we play, he can’t be in the team.  Players will get pulled out of position pressing where he is supposed to be doing it.

I’ve said before, he’s a luxury we really don’t need.  

We might have to pay Chelsea a fine if he doesnt play, parent clubs add this into the contract

• Like 1

First few games for us he looked like he should be back in the England squad. 

Now the difference between his performances and Maddisons are huge, Maddison must be way ahead of him now, let alone Foden, Mount and Grealish. 

He could be turning into a bit of a Dele Alli or a Lingard (barring tonight's performance). A flashy player but high wages and something just not quite right 

Â