Match Thread: Burton v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Lansbury strolling around the pitch and playing passes directly back whence they came as if he's earned the right. Despise his laziness.

He trots AWAY from the opposition when they have the ball. he is like an "anti press"

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Jacob Ramsey looks composed, really impressed with his ability. Should be in and around the first team this season. 

Its a very mix and match line up, Lansbury just coasts through games (and life). Never looks fussed or willing to go that extra mile to better himself. Taylor is just Taylor, we really need another LB this season and CB cover for Mings/Konsa. Hause is not the answer. 2 left footed CBs playing looks very unnatural.

2 games/2 goals for Ollie. Should have buried the other chance though.

Grealish is levels above everyone on that pitch

Get Freddie and Douglas on and wrap this up so we can wrap Jack up for the big one next Monday

• Like 2

Not a great half really. All a bit slow then we got some real Grealish magic towards the end, Watkins should have 2. Don't think Lansbury or Nakamba have been bad, Lansbury has picked Grealish out multiple times with some lovely balls. Ramsey looks comfortable as well. 

Hopefully step it up a gear in the 2nd half and finish this game off. 

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Half of the Burton team follow Grealish round the pitch, Taylor forgets where the ball is, and somehow we score.

Ridiculous criticism of Taylor, he reacted to where the ball was looked up , steadied himself and played a perfect pass for Watkins to score. Some people on here need to follow the game and not the crowd (sheep)

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Glad Hause, Lansbury, Taylor (even with his lucky assist) and to a lesser extent Elmo won't be in our team regularly this season.  Playing themselves out of contention nicely. 

I have confirmation bias, so every time I see these guys do something stupid, it solidifies my annoyance with them. Having said that, I take no pleasure in them playing badly: we need them - or someone - to step up in case they are called upon. Or at least so some nutter will buy them off us. 

At this point, I want the club to pay Henri’s contract off. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

We have some poor players for the Premier League. Fortunately none of them should be in the first XI when the window closes.

That's also my big takeaway from what I saw in the first half.  3-4 of the guys out there are not Premier League quality.

Edited by nepal_villan

One things for certain taylor hause nakamba and elmo should be nowhere near the first 11. 

Hause elmo have looked defensive shambles.

Lansbury one minute looks lazy totally crap then sprays a awesome 40 yard pass to grealish.

Watkins and grealish looking brill.

Ramsey looks ok not great but struggling abit