Match Thread: Burton v Villa

limpid

Notice how Nakamba and Ramsey both get the same ball off our CB'S. Nakamba looks rushed. Ramsey makes space and his first instinct is to turn and face the opposition goal. Should be basics you teach any kid playing midfield that takes a pass from a defender. Really impressed also with the positions he takes up out of possession. Not a hope in hell we should consider letting this fella go out on loan. His development should continue at Villa.

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 3

Ramsey having a quietly effective full debut - will only get better and better.

Lansbury needs to move this window.  Hause, Taylor, Elmo, AEG all very pedestrian 

Need to up the tempo second half

Glad that we’ve got 7 or 8 to bring in to this team

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taxahunter said:

This is just turning into a stupid Lansbury bashing. He has made 4 inch perfect diagonal passes, that only Grealish can copy, one of them leading to almost a goal if Ollie hadn’t hid the woodwork.

Thats fair. But its also fair to point out he hasnt been doing the rest of his job.

3 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I have confirmation bias, so every time I see these guys do something stupid, it solidifies my annoyance with them. Having said that, I take no pleasure in them playing badly: we need them - or someone - to step up in case they are called upon. Or at least so some nutter will buy them off us. 

At this point, I want the club to pay Henri’s contract off. 

Of the 4 you have mentioned, Lansbury has been by far the best. Why don’t you want the last 3 contracts paid out? 

I'm going to defend Lansbury. His diagonals to Jack have been accurate every time. However his legs have gone. It's a shame as he could have been a good player. 

Obviously he shouldn't be playing for us but not because he's crap but because he isn't fit enough due to injuries.

Ramsey what a player. Wow I'm impressed. He loves the ball, his movement and positioning was very good. Touch technique sumptuous. But what I enjoyed most was his confidence. "give me the ball" if the youngsters coming through are like him then we've got a cracking future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1