Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Ah, there's no point loaning him out then.

Probably my favourite player to watch, technically superb, but you're right, he threw his opportunity away with that shocker against Wolves. Can't argue with it sadly.

Barring a miracle I can't see him being part of our future plans now 😢

If he is not in Emery’s plans then I’m sure he will be told and then allowed to play somewhere else on loan for a season if it’s what he chooses. Maybe with an option to buy too for his next club   He will need to playing a lot more football than Villa will be able to offer him to secure a move.  Plus free’s up his wages. 

Id be surprised if he still part of the squad by the close of the window but if he is I reckon it will be more due to no takers than the club not letting him leave. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he is not in Emery’s plans then I’m sure he will be told and then allowed to play somewhere else on loan for a season if it’s what he chooses. Maybe with an option to buy too for his next club   He will need to playing a lot more football than Villa will be able to offer him to secure a move.  Plus free’s up his wages. 

Id be surprised if he still part of the squad by the close of the window but if he is I reckon it will be more due to no takers than the club not letting him leave. 

Option to buy will be pretty pointless though if his contract's up summer 24 anyway? Unless he has a stormer from Aug-Jan and they have to buy him to fend off fierce competition :D

Edited by Tom13

Not sure if everyone realizes that we could play up to 60-ish games this season, we need a real big and good squad and although not his biggest fan, surely having Traore as a squad player is a pretty good option. Cannot imagine he is on insane money and, as mentioned by others, he has some unbelievable abilities. We need a big squad, folks!  

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Option to buy will be pretty pointless though if his contract's up summer 24 anyway? Unless he has a stormer from Aug-Jan and they have to buy him to fend off fierce competition :D

Haha of course. I take back the option to buy part. 

1 hour ago, Hughes said:

Not sure if everyone realizes that we could play up to 60-ish games this season, we need a real big and good squad and although not his biggest fan, surely having Traore as a squad player is a pretty good option. Cannot imagine he is on insane money and, as mentioned by others, he has some unbelievable abilities. We need a big squad, folks!  

The problem is the squad sizes are limited, in the PL it’s 25 players which is fine and what we’re used to, but in Europe it’s effectively 21 standard players + 4 club homegrown players. So in practice we’ll end up with more games, but a smaller squad! There has to be some tough decisions who stays and who is sold, I think Traore is firmly in the latter category as he’s currently 3rd choice in his preferred position of right wing and we’re presumably looking to improve that area further

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Sanson couldn't get a game so he set up his own football club so he and other villa prisoners could be free! 

Newly promoted club. Doubt they have much money unless they have someone rich backing them?

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Let’s hope “negotiations” means more than just how much of his wages are we going to pay whilst he’s on loan there.

I trust Monchi to tell them to put up or **** off.

Yeah would be a small miracle managing to offload him.

Not gonna hold my breath.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Newly promoted club. Doubt they have much money unless they have someone rich backing them?

According to transfermarkt their record transfer fee is €200k. I don’t think they are going to be stumping up the sort of money we need them to for a permanent deal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Sanson couldn't get a game so he set up his own football club so he and other villa prisoners could be free! 

That's like a joke I told in a Teams meeting the other day. Nobody laughed. It seems it wasn't remotely funny. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

Why do we sell low buy high so often. Very very rarely make a profit when selling a player.

I guess its because we are not a selling club anymore. I.e. in the last five years, we havent sold any player we havent wanted to, except for Grealish. And to be fair, I think we wanted to sell Grealish at £100 mil. Whereas the five to ten years before the last five years we sold loads of players on at a profit, but we didnt want to be selling them.

44 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

That's like a joke I told in a Teams meeting the other day. Nobody laughed. It seems it wasn't remotely funny. 

A joke that isn't funny that people found funny. I think I've invented something unique here!

Anyway don't worry love. You will get over whoever hurt you in time and hopefully be a bit more positive about things in future 😘

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

A joke that isn't funny that people found funny. I think I've invented something unique here!

Anyway don't worry love. You will get over whoever hurt you in time and hopefully be a bit more positive about things in future 😘

I think you've missed his joke there pal 🤣 Teams....remote....

Edited by Tom13
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Why do we sell low buy high so often. Very very rarely make a profit when selling a player.

When people know you don’t want a player (and you’re stuck with his wages), you’d find it hard to sell. Look at Felix for example, no one can afford him. Everyone knows he isn’t wanted. Sometimes you have to sell when you know that a player isn’t really in your plans despite him being a starter. We’ve done that with Ings. I think the next one which can be that is Cash. We should have done with El Ghazi, when he had 10 goals, yet we kept him when we got two new players. Dendonker right now is valuable for the squad but if the right offer came we shall sell, him being on bench will only reduce his price.

If for example Archer become our main striker, overtaking Watkins, Watkins would still participate during the season. Then if we’re planning to upgrade on him and Archer, we should sell Watkins by then. (Ofcourse for Archer to overtake is a big ask, but just as an example). 

Same goes with Bailey/Buendia, if we got the players we expect, one of them can be transferred in the winter (when desperate teams as West Ham last season did). We don’t have to do now, as all could compete right now, we can decide on winter. Deadline days had a lot of opportunities to offload some players, but also could be gambles. Shall we gamble with the squad? Or gamble on not reducing wages and get stuck?

• Like 1

Wages obviously the sticking point here. He’s bad, but he’s not newly promoted Turkish team bad. 

Be glad when he’s off the books. Same goes for the likes of Sanson, Guilbert, Wesley, Dendoncker and to a lesser extent, Digne and Coutinho. The amount of wages we spend on players that aren’t first team regulars is frightening. 

Â