Bertrand Traoré

Delphinho123

Dunno if he was injured or suffering from covid or something but he was dropped for the QF.

One of the forwards got sent off after scoring so he'll probably come back in for the semi if fit.

Guys who started ahead of him play for Lorient (19th in Ligue 1), Ajaccio (2nd in Ligue 2), Quevilly-Rouen (15th in Ligue 2) and RS Berkane (4th in the Moroccan Botola Pro League).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Dunno if he was injured or suffering from covid or something but he was dropped for the QF.

One of the forwards got sent off after scoring so he'll probably come back in for the semi if fit.

Guys who started ahead of him play for Lorient (19th in Ligue 1), Ajaccio (2nd in Ligue 2), Quevilly-Rouen (15th in Ligue 2) and RS Berkane (4th in the Moroccan Botola Pro League).

i would imagine it was because he went off injured in the last game, so he may not have been fully fit, but was on the bench for an emergency etc.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

About his level.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Not sure what your issue with Bert is, but there's about 15-20 bits in here that literally none of the rest of our squad can do. 

He was outstanding last season, returned great numbers and that was his debut season for us. 

Some maintain that Kevin De Bruyne and Allan are still face down on the pitch after having their dignities' stripped from them last season by our Bert. 

He may not be a starter any more, but %1000 has a place in our squad, he's a maverick and can change a game when he's back up to speed. 

Remember when a lot of people (myself included) said that goal against Stoke was meant to be a cross and he just miss-hit it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Not sure what your issue with Bert is, but there's about 15-20 bits in here that literally none of the rest of our squad can do. 

He was outstanding last season, returned great numbers and that was his debut season for us. 

Some maintain that Kevin De Bruyne and Allan are still face down on the pitch after having their dignities' stripped from them last season by our Bert. 

He may not be a starter any more, but %1000 has a place in our squad, he's a maverick and can change a game when he's back up to speed. 

I love him, he’s got the silky skills I like 😆

Great vid 👌

For me, football is more about entertainment (and a bit of artistry) more than anything, that’s where the appeal lies…

BT provided the majority of that last season… he can be key member of the squad for if he can improve (no reason why not) and maybe become a bit more disciplined. It’s possible and I always look forward to his moments of brilliance. What justification is there for anyone to write the guy off?

A great option to have imo, don’t understand anyone’s desperation to get rid. For me, he was a huge improvement on El Ghazi & Trez. Vastly superior in terms of technical ability and skill.

If I remember correctly, last season would have petered out miserably if we didn’t have BT to entertain us. Plenty of goals, assists and moments of magic in what wasn’t even a full season’s debut…

I believe that several of our existing players will improve further by getting to train and play with a higher calibre of player too… 

spacer.png

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

Coutinho and Buendia as starters… Bailey (maybe CF occasionally?) and Traore to come off the bench… wow. I likey.

Happy to see the back of the days of bringing on players like El Ghazi & Trez…

We have upgraded nicely…

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Steero113 said:

The Lyon fans said mean things about him so some people accepted that as truth

Same poster spent last week preparing to do similar to Bentancur because Juventus fans have been saying he is shit 

Doesn't seem to believe in his own opinions 🙈

• Like 4

On 30/01/2022 at 16:29, ferguson1 said:

Bert will always be marmite to fans of whichever club he plays for. Lyon fans were the same.

Personally, I really like him. I want to be entertained, I want to see the unexpected. He certainly has a place in our squad at present. 

Why will he always be marmite though? Because he’s a chilled out character off the field?  I honestly don’t get the hate, the last player that wowed me like he did was Ronaldinho, I’m not saying Bert is remotely close to Ronaldinho’s level, but the bloke does things no other can.

• Like 2

Just now, gwi1890 said:

Why will he always be marmite though? Because he’s a chilled out character off the field?  I honestly don’t get the hate, the last player that wowed me like he did was Ronaldinho, I’m not saying Bert is remotely close to Ronaldinho’s level, but the bloke does things no other can.

Think you’ve misunderstood me. The perception of Bert amongst a lot of fans, ours included, is that he doesn’t work hard enough for the team and that he’s not a team player etc.  That why he’s marmite, people either love him or dislike him. 

As I said previously, I personally love him and his box of tricks. 

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Think you’ve misunderstood me. The perception of Bert amongst a lot of fans, ours included, is that he doesn’t work hard enough for the team and that he’s not a team player etc.  That why he’s marmite, people either love him or dislike him. 

As I said previously, I personally love him and his box of tricks. 

I was just wandering why others dislike him not you specifically,  plenty of “won’t work in a Steven Gerrard team” comments also, the front 3  cut passing lanes and do far less tracking back than they did under Smith, so there’s that argument out the window , come end of May we can make a fair assessment of him , he’s had a terrific first season, but it’s totally unfair to judge him this season as he’s barley played due to injury.

I’m another that loves Bert and his magic feet. He’s got that extra quality that can make your jaw drop. Can’t wait to see him back and playing in claret and blue, I know his time will be more limited now with Buendia in his place, but he’ll get some chances to show what he can do. 

Wishing Burkina Faso luck tonight, I want our Bert to knock Mane’s team out and get to the final. Be nice to have an AFCON winner to go with our Copa America winner. 

• Like 2

Â