Playstation 5

villarule123

Anyone had their PS Wrap Up? Shows how many hours you spent playing in 2021, what games you played most etc.

Very similar to the Spotify Wrap.

I'm not posting mine first...it's excessive 😆

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Anyone had their PS Wrap Up? Shows how many hours you spent playing in 2021, what games you played most etc.

Very similar to the Spotify Wrap.

I'm not posting mine first...it's excessive 😆

Spent 396 hours playing and only 6 of those were playing online. 100 hours playing cod zombies offline and a fair amount on Demon Souls!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Wonder what the PS+ games will be next week

It's a pretty good month (although I have them all)

UFC 4

Planet Coaster

Tiny Tina's Assault

Really enjoy the UFC games and loved Planet Coaster.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Sony have bought Bungie. $3.6bn.

A lot of money given Sony are allowing Bungie to remain a multiplatform studio. 

I'm not advocating for exclusives, I think consolidation hurts more people than it pleases when we're talking studios that made multiplatform games in the past, but $3.6 billion just to uphold the status quo is a lot of money. 

I'm curious what Sony stand to benefit from this. 

PS. Posting the tweets that confirm Bungie's remaining multiplatform status. 

Sounds like a business decision acquiring a profitable studio and letting them carry on making profit rather than doing something that then makes other parts of sonys business profitable 

They don't do anything better or different from anyone else do they? It's not like Sony have bought a studio that can then develop multiplayer aspects of say God of War, or like the remake studios that they've acquired in the past and then shared properties with them 

This deal kinda doesn't make sense to me. Especially given future Bungie games will remain multiplat. I can only assume part of the reasoning is to lock in all future Bungie titles on whatever Sony's version of Game Pass will be. 

But it does seem like a hell of money a lot for 1 studio, and i'm not sure how good the Destiny franchise actually is. They may have a new IP in the works tho I guess?

Edited by PieFacE

PlayStation: Bungie deal is about multiplatform, live-service games
Sony Interactive Entertainment head Jim Ryan says we should expect more acquisitions

PlayStation's acquisition of Bungie may not result in exclusive PS5 games, but it will allow the platform holder to significant accelerate its ability to make online, live-service games across different platforms.

In an interview with GamesIndustry.biz, Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan says that Destiny 2 and future Bungie games will continue to be published on other platforms, including rival consoles. The advantages Bungie offers Sony is in its ability to make huge, multiplatform, live-service online games, which is something the wider organisation is eager to learn from.

"The first thing to say unequivocally is that Bungie will stay an independent, multiplatform studio and publisher. Pete [Parsons, CEO] and I have spoken about many things over recent months, and this was one of the first, and actually easiest and most straightforward, conclusions we reached together. Everybody wants the extremely large Destiny 2 community, whatever platform they're on, to be able to continue to enjoy their Destiny 2 experiences. And that approach will apply to future Bungie releases. That is unequivocal...

More at the source; PlayStation: Bungie deal is about multiplatform, live-service games | GamesIndustry.biz

I am curious to see how this goes. In the end it increases their revenue so Sony will benefit in that regard. I certainly didn't have Sony buying Bungie and keeping them multiplatform on my bingo card for this year. 

• Thanks 1

On 25/01/2022 at 17:28, dubbs said:

Spent 396 hours playing and only 6 of those were playing online. 100 hours playing cod zombies offline and a fair amount on Demon Souls!

Not sure I should post this but apparently I spent 779 hours playing PS4 in 2021, 3 hours online. 222 days. Yes I have no life, and no I will not be telling my wife about this.

• Haha 1

On 31/01/2022 at 19:49, PieFacE said:

This deal kinda doesn't make sense to me. Especially given future Bungie games will remain multiplat. I can only assume part of the reasoning is to lock in all future Bungie titles on whatever Sony's version of Game Pass will be. 

But it does seem like a hell of money a lot for 1 studio, and i'm not sure how good the Destiny franchise actually is. They may have a new IP in the works tho I guess?

I think the 'engine' that Destiny runs on is probably worth quite a lot as well, and other Sony owned studios might be able to use it for other exclusive games. 

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I've never "platinumed" a game before I "platinumed" God of War the other day.

Whatta masterpiece that game is. 

Genuinely a top 10 game for me. The narrative is excellent, and I adore using Ymir to recall Norse mythological stories. And it looks amazing. And plays superbly. And has incredible voice work and soundtrack.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Forbidden West review embargo is up today, getting mostly 9s with a few 8s

A lot of the more impartial reviews describe a game that improves on Zero Dawn in some aspects, is worse in other aspects and leaves a lot of things unchanged.

Based on the reviews I've read it seems like a solid 8/10 game which is good. 

• Like 1

Â