Playstation 5

villarule123

Nothing really for me but nomi looks incredible (but a bit like sifu I won't play it) I'm interested in ghostwire and forsaken reviews

I wonder if Sony held conversations with SE over buying them, I think that's 7 or 8 games they'll have lined up for publishing of which 6 or 7 are exclusives 

Forspoken (worst name in history for anything, ever) looks so FFXV it hurts. Which isn't a good thing. It's not that it looks bad, but the style has something about it that makes me want to never look at it again.

It's kinda disarming how much it looks like an expansion for FFXV or something. It's got the same art and animation style.

The thing with FFXV was (and as you will all know by now, this is coming from an utter FF fanboy), at least you could drive that stupid car and listen to all the FF soundtracks as you made your way around that empty, soulless world*

Chindie is absolutely right, so much so that it wouldn't be a shock if the Bro's turn up in said stupid car in a future trailer

*I may well have to eat humble pie on this take, as  Bear McCreary and Garry Schyman of GoW and Bioshock fame are doing the soundtrack, so that at least might be decent.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Further to what @Daweii said in the GT thread, Sony have bought a new studio, Haven and they're working a new AAA multiplayer IP for them

The woman who runs the studio is ex assasins creed, watch dogs, far cry 4 and then also battlefront for EA

I'm curious to see what this project winds up being. 

Not a fan of Sony going all in on live service games though. The last definitive statement from Sony on the number of first party games in development was 25 games (pre-GT7/Horizon 2 release). If 10 of those are live service multiplayer then that's a massive amount of their single player identity gone. 

Very curious to see how this goes. I am sure Sony won't be affected in the slightest as live service gaming is where the money is, but those PlayStation fans that love Sony's AAA single player games might have less of them to play going forward which would be a shame. 

13 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I still can't believe it's so hard to get one of these!

That being said, i've just managed to buy one, plus an extra controller and GT7

BT Store have stock if anybody is interested. You have to be a BT customer. Log into your BT Account online and there should be an option near the bottom to get a code for a PS5. Then use this in the BT Store.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

BT Store have stock if anybody is interested. You have to be a BT customer. Log into your BT Account online and there should be an option near the bottom to get a code for a PS5. Then use this in the BT Store.

You are right though, they are a nightmare to get. A few of my mates have been trying to get one for ages, and I only got mine because I stumbled onto the Currys website looking for something else and randomly they had some at the time. Before that I'd convinced myself I'll just wait for a PS5 redesign model to come out and get one then.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

You are right though, they are a nightmare to get. A few of my mates have been trying to get one for ages, and I only got mine because I stumbled onto the Currys website looking for something else and randomly they had some at the time. Before that I'd convinced myself I'll just wait for a PS5 redesign model to come out and get one then.

I've looked sporadically over the past 6 months or so and never even got close. My ex was looking really hard about a year ago because she wanted to get me one and couldn't get a sniff anywhere.

I've just got lucky by spotting this BT offer to be honest

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I still can't believe it's so hard to get one of these!

I know you've got one now but the key is turn notifications on one of the PS5 stock Twitter pages and you shouldn't have too many issues if you strike straight away.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I know you've got one now but the key is turn notifications on one of the PS5 stock Twitter pages and you shouldn't have too many issues if you strike straight away.

this

plus have pre loaded accounts at the place you think you'll buy it from, saved addresses and card details etc

getting mine on amazon took around 17 seconds or something daft, got the swipe to buy now option on my amazon app, its absolutely instant 

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

When are you buying elden ring????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dubbs said:

When are you buying elden ring????

Hahaha I will!

But I’ve still got skyward sword and dark souls to finish on the switch so if I get another game like that I’ll be all over the place

• Like 1

What's the deal with my PSN account?

Does it transfer straight over or do I have to set up a new one? My payment is due imminently for my current subscription so don't want to pay that if I need to set up a new one

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What's the deal with my PSN account?

Does it transfer straight over or do I have to set up a new one? My payment is due imminently for my current subscription so don't want to pay that if I need to set up a new one

It transfers straight over mate.  

• Thanks 1

for some reason I think you can do something on the phone app and then get your ps5 to talk to the app and then its instant, you can start pre loading stuff too but unless its going to take 2 weeks to get here that's not a problem (the PSN+ games this month are nothing special either)

Â