Playstation 5

villarule123

29 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Right so just managed to get a PS5 finally and due to pick up this evening. Big question, what game should I get first? I've been playing AC Valhalla on PS4 so was thinking of just switching that to PS5 but wondered if there was something else good to play?!

Demons Souls and Resident Evil Village are both superb games, and great showcases for the PS5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Yeah tried a couple of the Souls games, cannot get into them. Will look at Spiderman but maybe one to get when the price drops?

The first thing to play is astro bot... I shit you not, its a brilliant game and most importantly it's the most next gen I've played in 7 months of owning a ps5, its basically an extended demo for the controller but the controller is the best thing about the ps5 

I'm the same not a souls fan, doubt I'd like returnal either despite the good reviews 

Did you do spiderman 1 on PS4? Definitley worth getting the ultimate edition or whatever its called with both games 

Did you have a PS4? If not head over to psn collection and download horizon and god of war, RE7 is on there too to get ready for RE8

FF7 intergrade whatever it's called was great on PS4 so I imagine tge ps5 version is even better 

Sack boy and ratchet and clank are both meant to be good

Don't get godfall 

Disco elysium is still on my list but that's not a next gen game

Next month is hades, kena and ghosts of tsushima DC which all look good, September is death loop 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

The first thing to play is astro bot... I shit you not, its a brilliant game and most importantly it's the most next gen I've played in 7 months of owning a ps5, its basically an extended demo for the controller but the controller is the best thing about the ps5 

I'm the same not a souls fan, doubt I'd like returnal either despite the good reviews 

Did you do spiderman 1 on PS4? Definitley worth getting the ultimate edition or whatever its called with both games 

Did you have a PS4? If not head over to psn collection and download horizon and god of war, RE7 is on there too to get ready for RE8

FF7 intergrade whatever it's called was great on PS4 so I imagine tge ps5 version is even better 

Sack boy and ratchet and clank are both meant to be good

Don't get godfall 

Next month is hades, kena and ghosts of tsushima DC which all look good, September is death loop 

Thanks, plenty of food for thought there! 

Having not played Ghosts of Tsushima I was thinking about that when the PS5 version is released next month. 

1 minute ago, cyrusr said:

Thanks, plenty of food for thought there! 

Having not played Ghosts of Tsushima I was thinking about that when the PS5 version is released next month. 

If you like assasins creed then 100% get it, great game 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Yeah tried a couple of the Souls games, cannot get into them. Will look at Spiderman but maybe one to get when the price drops?

If you've got any of the PS4 games with free PS5 upgrades (Borderlands 3, FFVII:Remake, Control, Nioh etc...) I'd defo recommend trying those out.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

The Demon's Souls remake is a brilliant visual showcase for the PS5, depending on whether you like the Souls games or not.

Spiderman Miles Morales was very good too and looks brilliant on next gen (a bit on the short side, but quality over quantity and all that).

I hear that Ratchet & Clank is brilliant but haven't had chance to pick it up yet.

Ratchet and Clank is also a great showcase game. 

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Do you mean not a PS5 version? Cuz there is!

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Do you mean not a PS5 version? Cuz there is!

As in its on ps5 buts its not a game that was made for next gen, its about 18 months old now 

Not sure if it's had any kind of upgrade between the 4 and 5 versions either 

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

As in its on ps5 buts its not a game that was made for next gen, its about 18 months old now 

Not sure if it's had any kind of upgrade between the 4 and 5 versions either 

I got the PS5 version and the PS4 version came free.  Never played the PS4 copy so couldn't tell you how different the 2 versions are. 

3 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I got the PS5 version and the PS4 version came free.  Never played the PS4 copy so couldn't tell you how different the 2 versions are. 

Whats it like? 

I heard some bad but easily fixable things at launch

Just now, villa4europe said:

Whats it like? 

I heard some bad but easily fixable things at launch

Its quite complex in the way the you develop your character, certainly not and action game.  If you used to enjoy graphic adventure games back in the day you'll enjoy it imo.

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Its quite complex in the way the you develop your character, certainly not and action game.  If you used to enjoy graphic adventure games back in the day you'll enjoy it imo.

I do as long as it's not so complicated that I end up playing the game and watching YouTube at the same time 

I've found with stuff like grim fandango my patience isn't there anymore knowing how easy it is to look stuff up on my phone while playing 

Has anyone tried the pulse headset? How does it compare to other official sets? I've been using an official one that supposedly simulates surround sound but it's still quite difficult to identify where people are in fps games for example especially if they are higher or lower than my position. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2021 at 10:46, dubbs said:

Has anyone tried the pulse headset? How does it compare to other official sets? I've been using an official one that supposedly simulates surround sound but it's still quite difficult to identify where people are in fps games for example especially if they are higher or lower than my position. 

I've got the current pulse headset, it's great with identifying player positions, but I can't really comment on other headsets. 

6 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Seen someone show the 'updated' PS5 model, that's lighter. Someone opened it up and showed the heat sink being a lot smaller compared to the launch PS5. Not sure if it'll be a bad thing, or not much affect. 

is it still the same overall size?

Â