Playstation 5

villarule123

Astro’s playroom is very fun. Only had chance to play that so far. 

The haptic feedback is unreal. I know that’s what the game is meant to show off, but shows how other games could use it. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Astro’s playroom is very fun. Only had chance to play that so far. 

The haptic feedback is unreal. I know that’s what the game is meant to show off, but shows how other games could use it. 

Its brilliant it?! 

The bad news is no other games use it... GT7 does some good stuff, horizon doesn't do much, I think a couple of shooters did some good stuff that after a couple of hours I didn't notice anymore, apparently returnal did some good stuff with rain

Hoping that when they announce spartacus it will also come with the announcement of psn collection 2 inc spiderman, ghost and last of us 2 maybe returnal as well

• Like 2

Returnal has probably the second best use of the haptics/adaptive triggers especially the triggers.

Returnal splits the L2 and R2 into 4 separate inputs by using the trigger tension to create a button on top of button.  

So tapping R2 and hitting the initial point of resistance single fires the weapon, while pushing past that initial point of resistance is fully auto. 

L2 works the same. Lightly pressing L2 to the initial point of resistance is aim down sights, while pushing past that point activates the weapons special attack. 

It was a very creative use of the PS5 controllers functionality in a way that was more than just, "the trigger gets heavier the more the spring coils" which is still cool, but it's pretty clever to use the trigger tension to split a button into two. 

• Like 1

Oh you know what annoyed me about the PS5, you need a USB cable to connect the controller when you first start the console, but they don't provide one.

I mean I had one anyway, but still.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Oh you know what annoyed me about the PS5, you need a USB cable to connect the controller when you first start the console, but they don't provide one.

I know it's to save on waste, but I don't like this trend of the tech industry just assuming people already have something.

I know it's an issue that will solve itself over time because eventually everyone will have everything needed, but I still think the switch to not including things in the box was done too quickly. 

4 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I know it's to save on waste, but I don't like this trend of the tech industry just assuming people already have something.

I know it's an issue that will solve itself over time because eventually everyone will have everything needed, but I still think the switch to not including things in the box was done too quickly. 

Seriously speaking I actually struggled because it’s USB C. I only had one which was the charger for my MacBook. If it wasn’t for that I’d have had to buy a cable 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I could have worn mine came with one !

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I could have worn mine came with one !

Well mine definitely didn't (believe me I checked the box several times!) so either it was a missing part or they've got rid of it already

I was sat there thinking I've got a PS5 and I'm not going to be able to play it because of a **** USB cable

• Like 2

Now that I've thought about it more I don't recall mine coming with one.

I think I connected my PS5 controller with the same USB-C cable that I charge my phone with. Now was that because the controller didn't come with one? I have no idea anymore 😂

14 hours ago, Daweii said:

Now that I've thought about it more I don't recall mine coming with one.

I think I connected my PS5 controller with the same USB-C cable that I charge my phone with. Now was that because the controller didn't come with one? I have no idea anymore 😂

24 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

My Pulse Controller and Pulse Headset both came with the cables - but they were both separately boxed. I don't think the controller that came in the box with the PS5 had one from memory.

I got an extra controller with mine and that didn't come with a USB lead either

Plot twist!

I've just checked the box of the PS5 and in the contents section it says... USB CABLE!

So mine was just missing.

Edited by Stevo985

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Plot twist!

I've just checked the box of the PS5 and in the contents section it says... USB CABLE!

So mine was just missing.

Thank god my memory isn't on the way out like everything else 🤣

• Haha 1

Curious to see the lists of games included in the two tiers, but doubt it would include anything that would sway me to sub to anything other than the 'normal' PS+

Â