Playstation 5

villarule123

• 4 weeks later...

Got one from Game online this morning. Looking forward to playing through FF7R again, plus the Yuffie DLC, and then I've got a bunch of games I haven't started yet which have PS5 upgrades - namely Scarlet Nexus and Tales of Arise. 

It's good timing, as I have started ToA on my PS4 Pro, but for anything not in a menu, it's getting incredibly load and hot. I think of I attempted to play the whole game, it'd probably finish the console off! 

Will probably pick up the Spiderman games which I haven't played, and possibly Death Stranding Directors Cut as I never gave that a go. Otherwise, Horizon 2 and GT7 are the games I'm most looking forward to, excluding anything without release dates yet. 

• Like 3

I managed to pick up a PS5 from Asda online, via the hotstock app on my phone. It was the disc console and a controller on it's own at standard RRP. It is due to be delivered to me on Tuesday next week, assuming there are no hiccups.

Does anyone have any suggestions for games or additional hardware I should buy to go with it? I have a PS4 so already have some games from that and a 4TB external hard drive. Like @hogso I will buy the Horizon 2 and GT7 next year but want something to see me through until then, I tend to like RPG games and have played Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Days Gone, Red Dead Redemption 2 and have just started Assasins Creed Valhalla. I am wondering whether to get something like Ratchet & Clank or the Spiderman game. I think I need to do a bit more research into them beforehand though to make sure that I like the look of them.

6 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I managed to pick up a PS5 from Asda online, via the hotstock app on my phone. It was the disc console and a controller on it's own at standard RRP. It is due to be delivered to me on Tuesday next week, assuming there are no hiccups.

Does anyone have any suggestions for games or additional hardware I should buy to go with it? I have a PS4 so already have some games from that and a 4TB external hard drive. Like @hogso I will buy the Horizon 2 and GT7 next year but want something to see me through until then, I tend to like RPG games and have played Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last of Us, Days Gone, Red Dead Redemption 2 and have just started Assasins Creed Valhalla. I am wondering whether to get something like Ratchet & Clank or the Spiderman game. I think I need to do a bit more research into them beforehand though to make sure that I like the look of them.

Demon's Souls is by far the best PS5 game so far. If you like RPG's then it's a no brainer.

Res Evil Village is very good too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

start with astro bot, i shit you not it will blow your mind thanks to the controller

have a look at PS collection as god of war will be on there as a freebee, so is uncharted 4 and RE7 which if you havent played might lead you on to RE8, bloodborne too which could lead on to demon's souls (those games arent for me)

ghost of tsushima blows AC out of the water and the PS5 edition has just come out, thats a 60 hour game, FF7 remake is really good, i still havent started deathloop which got great reviews

on the store keep an eye out for hades and disco elysium

• Thanks 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

ghost of tsushima blows AC out of the water and the PS5 edition has just come out, thats a 60 hour game

@NeilS

Yeah, as @villa4europe says, Ghost of Tsushima is superb - I recently got the Plat on the PS5 version and it's well worth the effort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for all of those suggestions, I will do some reading up over the weekend. I like the sound of Ghosts of Tsushima and Demon Souls, and have a look at those for now. Cheers.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Thank you for all of those suggestions, I will do some reading up over the weekend. I like the sound of Ghosts of Tsushima and Demon Souls, and have a look at those for now. Cheers.

If you do get Demon's Souls and want any pointers just give me a shout.

• Thanks 1

On 01/10/2021 at 11:58, NeilS said:

Something I found out that saves me some cash is that you can use PS4 controllers with the ps5. There are some games that require the new controller, but not many so good to know as new new controllers are pricy

• Thanks 1

It arrived this morning, CF1116A model for those interested what's being shipped in the UK now. 

I've been mostly installing / updating and such, although I have spent some time with astrobot, which is just a delight, isn't it? 

Tech demo, but with a full game feel, along with all the nostalgia that comes with the level design and collectables. Good fun. 

Thanks to the PS+ collection I finally get to play God War 2018 too. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, hogso said:

It arrived this morning, CF1116A model for those interested what's being shipped in the UK now. 

I've been mostly installing / updating and such, although I have spent some time with astrobot, which is just a delight, isn't it? 

Tech demo, but with a full game feel, along with all the nostalgia that comes with the level design and collectables. Good fun. 

Thanks to the PS+ collection I finally get to play God War 2018 too. 

Welcome to the party pal 👍 

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if they released a full 8 to 12 hour Astrobot game that was £60 i would buy it, i love that game, its still the most next gen thing I've played too, the potential in that controller is mad

You'd think there was a lot more scope to do more things like (mild Astrobot spoilers follow, if you don't have a PS5 yet and intend to, you may wish to avoid the following as it's a nice surprise)

Spoiler

The '94 T-Rex tech demo 'boss battle'

I also didn't see any Net Yaroze references, although I could have missed one, as there are a lot! You could probably integrate the whole library in to the game. I still have my old OPM demo discs with the games on, there are some proper gems - or at least I thought so at the time, i may think differently if I were to remove my rose tinted glasses. I did think it was pretty cool to have whole little games for free though, and there was also an air of mystery around the black playstation, and the people who made the games.

• Like 1

Oh, and one thing that has really pissed me off. I mentioned that I'd started playing Tales of Arise on PS4, and it was making my Pro sound about as loud as my hoover, so I'm thankful that the PS5 has arrived so I don't have to play it with a headset on. 

So I quite happily install the free PS5 upgrade, as I have for a few other games too, but find when I open it up that it wants me to start a new game. OK, I think, maybe it's like FF7R, and despite doing the data transfer, I need to boot up the PS4 game on the PS5, and transfer the save within the game. No dice. So I've had to start the game again to be able to make the most of the PS5 upgrade...which I do want to make use of, as the performance mode with faultless 60FPS is awesome. 

And speaking of the FF7R save file transfer, I did do that as I don't really want to spend the time with a brand new save, and it gave me an instant Platinum for the PS5 version. As someone who does try to go out of their way to accrue trophies, especially on games I like, it really felt like cheating.

Edited by hogso

if you look at the trophy list theres some really cool things you do, the this way up trophy for example

Spoiler

you need to punch the PS logo on the front on the PS2 because it used to turn round depending on you lying it down or standing it up

my 9 year old niece did one of the trophies by accident that i couldnt do on purpose

Spoiler

keepie uppies with the beach balls in the frog suit

i think if they did a full game they could increase the level of reference, theres no reason why they cant steal gameplay ideas from some of the better PS games that arent coming back, ape escape for example, i saw the cameraman bit with the bot and the net, they can make it that you do it rather than just see it, its got loads of potential

unfortunately though i think they've closed the studio down

20 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Honestly i think Sony are sleeping on Astro. It could be the closest thing they have to a Mario/Sonic killer.

Its insane how PS had no mascot. Mario for Nintendo, Sonic for Sega....Playstation nothing till maybe sackboy?

master chief for xbox

i seem to remember it being crash unofficially during the PS1 days but never a 1st party big character that they hung their hat on

35 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Honestly i think Sony are sleeping on Astro. It could be the closest thing they have to a Mario/Sonic killer.

Its insane how PS had no mascot. Mario for Nintendo, Sonic for Sega....Playstation nothing till maybe sackboy?

Crash at one point. Pretty sure Spyro at some point too. But yeah, no long term mascot like the others. More so 'flavour of the year' kind of mascots.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

if you look at the trophy list theres some really cool things you do, the this way up trophy for example

Reveal hidden contents

you need to punch the PS logo on the front on the PS2 because it used to turn round depending on you lying it down or standing it up

my 9 year old niece did one of the trophies by accident that i couldnt do on purpose

Reveal hidden contents

keepie uppies with the beach balls in the frog suit

i think if they did a full game they could increase the level of reference, theres no reason why they cant steal gameplay ideas from some of the better PS games that arent coming back, ape escape for example, i saw the cameraman bit with the bot and the net, they can make it that you do it rather than just see it, its got loads of potential

unfortunately though i think they've closed the studio down

Team Asobi? They're a standalone studio now, rather than simply part of Sony's Japan Studio, broke away a few months ago - still very much a first party studio for Sony though of course. 

I just had a look on their website, and they're advertising for various job roles, programmers, artists, designers, the lot really...also include language courses and relocation support for overseas applicants, so there must be something in the pipeline. 

Something big hopefully! I know the VR Astrobot game had a rep for being the best VR game on PS4, but I never played it. I'd be kinda disappointed if it was for PSVR2 on PS5, but wouldn't be too surprised either. 

• Like 2

Â