Playstation 5

villarule123

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m off to pick up my order of rocking horse shit later, maybe one day I’ll be able to pick up a ps5 too. 

Put notifications on this Twitter account and then act fast when it pings.

On 06/04/2022 at 15:53, Wainy316 said:

I used this and got one via Argos. It arrives tomorrow for me to pick up in store

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

I had an email from Playstation.com advertising Spring Sale Now On which is mostly advertising discounted games, but at the very bottom of the email there is now an option to register your interest to buy a PS5 on the Official Playstation page. I am not sure if it has always been there, but thought I would share in case anyone was struggling to get one and wanted to try it out. I went onto the Playstation.com website from my own browser rather than clicked the link, and searched in the search box and it is a legitimate link.

Register to buy

Register for an opportunity to purchase a PS5™ console from PlayStation

We will have a limited amount of PS5 Consoles available for customers to purchase direct from PlayStation1.

If selected, we will contact you via email with instructions and details2.

1Available only in United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg

2Please make sure your email address is the one associated with your PSN ID.

By registering, should you be selected, you are giving Sony Interactive Entertainment consent to send up to two emails from date of registration inviting you to purchase a PlayStation 5 directly from PlayStation notwithstanding your current email marketing opt in status. If selected, we will contact you via email before the event starts. Manage your account information here

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Got mine yesterday, got Far Cry 6 as I’ve loved all of those, and Gran Turismo 7 for that classic PlayStation nostalgia!

The update for FC6 is 63GB… 😮 

Get used to that

Cant remember the last game I played on the first day of purchase, don't play CoD on it cos that took me about 4 or 5 days to get all the various parts

I had to change something in my settings to get it to do downloads during rest mode too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Get used to that

Cant remember the last game I played on the first day of purchase, don't play CoD on it cos that took me about 4 or 5 days to get all the various parts

I had to change something in my settings to get it to do downloads during rest mode too

Ahhh, that might be why it’s taking so long, it’s in rest mode… 

Fuming with this shit now. Woke up too late for the Smyths drop on the 12th. Fell foul of the Argos postcode lottery dodgy stupid out of date online system backwards way of doing things and Game’s website kept reloading the same page over and over when I clicked ‘buy now’. Curry’s had their stock wrapped up in £700+ bundles. Garrrrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!! **** ***** stupid **** god damn **** joke. 

On 16/04/2022 at 23:08, Ingram85 said:

Fuming with this shit now. Woke up too late for the Smyths drop on the 12th. Fell foul of the Argos postcode lottery dodgy stupid out of date online system backwards way of doing things and Game’s website kept reloading the same page over and over when I clicked ‘buy now’. Curry’s had their stock wrapped up in £700+ bundles. Garrrrrggghhh!!!!!!!!!!! **** ***** stupid **** god damn **** joke. 

Are you after a digital one or disc version?

the leaks for PSN+ are fifa 22, tribes of midgard and curse of the dead gods

there's also a leaked article saying that sony have requested that for any game that will cost over $34 the developer has to offer some sort of timed trial to the highest tier of psn+, the trials was something i was definitely interested in so thats potentially really good news, something like elden ring im desperate for a trial

Edited by villa4europe

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

there's also a leaked article saying that sony have requested that for any game that will cost over $34 the developer has to offer some sort of timed trial to the highest tier of psn+, the trials was something i was definitely interested in so thats potentially really good news, something like elden ring im desperate for a trial

That’s a great idea!  Would love to trial loads of games before deciding whether to play them fully.

• Like 1

I have a fair few game dev friends that spend so much time ranting about their jobs, so my first reaction to these mandated demos/trials was physical discomfort as I thought about the poor devs having more work added to their plate.

That said I have heard, and this may not be accurate, but I have heard that the PlayStation Store team will be making these trials/demos, which likely means they'll just be the full game with a 2+ hour timer added to them.

Anything that helps the customer, while not adding even more work to devs plates is a good thing. I initially had trepidations about it, but if the PlayStation Store team are handling this then it's a win/win for everyone involved.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Daweii said:

I have a fair few game dev friends that spend so much time ranting about their jobs, so my first reaction to these mandated demos/trials was physical discomfort as I thought about the poor devs having more work added to their plate.

That said I have heard, and this may not be accurate, but I have heard that the PlayStation Store team will be making these trials/demos, which likely means they'll just be the full game with a 2+ hour timer added to them.

Anything that helps the customer, while not adding even more work to devs plates is a good thing. I initially had trepidations about it, but if the PlayStation Store team are handling this then it's a win/win for everyone involved.  

I guess it'll be both ways.   PS team will just add a 2 hour timer as default, but the developers can make their own demo if they want to showcase a different part of the game rather than the start.

• Like 2

On 06/04/2022 at 15:53, Wainy316 said:

Amazon had a stock drop yesterday morning, sold out in under 60 seconds. 

Game had a stock drop this morning, sold out in under 33 seconds (unless you were willing to pay £600+ for a bundle).

Feels like i'm getting closer each time though!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got one! Had to get the £600+ Horizon bundle but it’s for my steplad and he wanted the pulse headset and the black side plates. Ordered it yesterday and it’s been dispatched arriving tomorrow.

Now, it gets worrying for me. They got the PS5 + Horizon for £520 so I’ve ordered it for myself but I’m worried they will cancel it as it’s the same name and my bank that’s paid for both so I’m worried they’ll think I’m trying to scalp. It says one per customer based on postcode/payment method etc so I’m scared they will cancel the ps5 I’ve bought for myself after getting one for my steplad. 

Do you think it’s worth emailing them to explain this?

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

Â