Playstation 5

villarule123

It's easy enough to manage imo even if you've got 2 or 3 big games on the go at any time

Realistically how many games are you playing? If you buy any digital ones you just delete them when you're done and they stay available in your library, the storage stuff doesn't bother me

I agree with the can't play out the box thing though, call of duty for example is an absolute joke that took me about 3 days to download the complete game, I might as well get a PC if that's the case 

3 hours ago, mykeyb said:

So what's with having to copy games from the disc before being able to play them but shipping with only 600 GB capacity. If you want to upgrade to even 2TB it's well over 300quid.

Blu-Ray itself is too slow to stream the data from the disc in real time without hitches and stuttering. While the storage capacity is low because the SSD is custom and as you said 1-2TB is expensive. They could have released a £700 PS5 with a 2TB SSD that hit their target spec, but then there would have been complaints about the price. 

PS. When I say custom, I mean the SSD uses a custom 12-channel flash controller which off-the-shelf SSD's don't. This makes the PS5 SSD way faster at lower speeds than a faster SSD you can buy for a PC. It's why Sony recommend a 7GB/s SSD or faster for storage expansion, even though the SSD in the PS5 is 5.5GB/s. That 5.5GB/s is doing so much more because of the custom flash controller.

• Thanks 1

im not a fan of it either way so im not their target audience, from i listen to on the TCGS podcast there is no doubt a demand for it to get bigger and better but at the same time whenever they mention it they seem to enjoy quirky indie games as well as then obviously alyx

if i say that i prefer the PS5 over the xbox because IMO PS have the best exclusive games then with that same argument im not sure you can be so confident with PSVR 

they also should have announced it with a new astro bot game

On 30/12/2021 at 09:00, villa4europe said:

Psn+ next month are persona 5 strikers, dirt 5 and deep rock galactic 

Added them all (as usual) to the library but downloaded DiRT5. Been a while since I've played a racer!

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

Any good games to download on PSNow or PS Plus? I have both for some stupid reason. 

Yeah loads, there's the ps collection which is most of the Sony exclusives from the PS4 so horizon, gow, days gone, uncharted 4, infamous, detroit, bloodborne, until dawn, last guardian and last of us remaster - last of us 2 is on now - then there's a few more on now such as nioh 2, spiderman, red dead 2, nier, gravity rush, hollow Knight, journey, control, borderlands, killzone shadow fall, limbo, frost punk

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah loads, there's the ps collection which is most of the Sony exclusives from the PS4 so horizon, gow, days gone, uncharted 4, infamous, detroit, bloodborne, until dawn, last guardian and last of us remaster - last of us 2 is on now - then there's a few more on now such as nioh 2, spiderman, red dead 2, nier, gravity rush, hollow Knight, journey, control, borderlands, killzone shadow fall, limbo, frost punk

Awesome thanks 

i think you start with horizon because the new one is out next month, plays a bit like tomb raider but with robot dinosaurs...

if you wouldn't pick it up for 6 months and a cheaper price anyway then it doesn't matter

you have got around a years worth of games if you've never played any of them

• Thanks 1

On 10/01/2022 at 18:23, villa4europe said:

I can’t find Spider-Man?

Started my disc copy of deathloop despite it not downloading all the updates, it downloaded them in the background while I was playing, put it in rest mode, went back to it... "cannot use game or app" 

Second time in a month for me, first was Cod cold war which was too big for me to be bothered with 

Googled it and its really common, very poor, I hate all this download and update bullshit at the best of times, now sat downloading it again but my 3 hour gaming window has gone 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Started my disc copy of deathloop despite it not downloading all the updates, it downloaded them in the background while I was playing, put it in rest mode, went back to it... "cannot use game or app" 

Second time in a month for me, first was Cod cold war which was too big for me to be bothered with 

Googled it and its really common, very poor, I hate all this download and update bullshit at the best of times, now sat downloading it again but my 3 hour gaming window has gone 

Can't say I've had that issue in the 12 months I've had mine.  Tbh I didn't think much of Deathloop so you've not missed much!

Â