Playstation 5

villarule123

40 minutes ago, hogso said:

Curious to see the lists of games included in the two tiers, but doubt it would include anything that would sway me to sub to anything other than the 'normal' PS+

I've literally just renewed my PSPlus subscription for the year, don't know if I'll be paying extra for the benefits of PSNow also

PSNow isn't something that really interests me. I don't think I play enough games for it to be worth it.

That being said, if you do use it then that pricing seems pretty reasonable to bundle it all in together

It depends what you played last gen, to which I played more or less all of the big exclusives 

If you were completely new to Sony then ps collection and ps now makes sense 

If you paid £50 for spiderman, last of us etc 3 years ago then it doesn't 

They need to expand it as part of the announcement, definitley add ghost to it too for a start, in its current format there's nothing there for me personally

4 hours ago, hogso said:

Curious to see the lists of games included in the two tiers, but doubt it would include anything that would sway me to sub to anything other than the 'normal' PS+

You can see the list of games. PS Now has 403 PS4 games. The Extra mid-tier level has ‘up to’ 400 PS4 games. It’s virtually guaranteed that most of them will be the same games.   

Though they have announced 3 new games to the Extra tier - SpiderMan Miles Morales, Deathloop and Returnal.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

PSNow isn't something that really interests me. I don't think I play enough games for it to be worth it.

That being said, if you do use it then that pricing seems pretty reasonable to bundle it all in together

I’ve always been the opposite. PS Now was great with loads of games, 5-8 different games each month to choose from.  

Whereas PS Plus was rubbish because I don’t play multiplayer.

The new service means I have to pay for PS Plus multiplayer access as well as pay for the PS Now tier. 🙄

But a little cheaper for those people who had both services.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

You can see the list of games. PS Now has 403 PS4 games. The new service Premium Tier has 400 PS4 games. It’s virtually guaranteed that most of them will be the same games.   

They’ve announced 3 new games to the Premium tier - SpiderMan Miles Morales, Deathloop and Returnal.

I can't recommend deathloop enough, loved it, best ps5 game I've played so far

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Will Final Fantasy XIII be playable since it’s a PS3 game and not out for PS4/5? Says cloud based PS3 titles 

That would be on the highest tier of the service - PS Plus Premium - which does cloud based PS3 games.

27 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Maybe I'll upgrade to that for a month.

That'll be the interest for me too, do I dip in and put every couple of months, I currently do that with game pass, got a month for hades and kept it for detha door (and ended up playing FM 2022 instead) 

But it'll be more for the game trials if I'm honest, if I had to pay £5 extra for the month to get a 10 hour trial of elden ring that carried over if you buy the main game I'd pay it play it and then get rid of it

20 hours ago, ender4 said:

You can see the list of games. PS Now has 403 PS4 games. The Extra mid-tier level has ‘up to’ 400 PS4 games. It’s virtually guaranteed that most of them will be the same games.   

It's more the legacy stuff in the top tier I want to see the list of. And yes, it would be the JRPGs that I don't already own I'd want to play, for example, Persona 1 and 2 being on the list would be very interesting...and P3P (Persona 3 PSP with the female protag).

33 minutes ago, hogso said:

It's more the legacy stuff in the top tier I want to see the list of. And yes, it would be the JRPGs that I don't already own I'd want to play, for example, Persona 1 and 2 being on the list would be very interesting...and P3P (Persona 3 PSP with the female protag).

I am very curious about that. There are currently 418 PS3 games on PS Now (according to the site I'm using), but up to 340 classic games will be in PS+ Premium. Classic games includes PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSP so I'm curious how many PS3 games they get rid of to make room for other generations. Selfishly as someone not super into game streaming I'd prefer the majority of the 340 to be the downloadable PS1, PS2 and PSP games. 

2 hours ago, hogso said:

You can see that as well. PS Now has 400-odd PS2 and PS3 games.  

The new top tier will have 300+ legacy games, so we can assume it will be a very similar list, just with some extra PSP games. 

Edit - Basically what Daweii said above. 

Edited by ender4

3 hours ago, ender4 said:

The new top tier will have 300+ legacy games, so we can assume it will be a very similar list, just with some extra PSP games. 

Well yeah, that's kinda my point, we don't know what they will be, and to me it makes a difference. If Crisis Core is included, for example, that would be great and could sway me. 

It's bizarre, they've launched a new service with no real flagship launch game attached to it, ps now got 3 good games added, psn+ got arguably the worst line up in a long time and lost persona 5 from the collection 

Almost like they don't want you to go for the bottom tier... 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

On 31/03/2022 at 11:50, villa4europe said:

It's bizarre, they've launched a new service with no real flagship launch game attached to it, ps now got 3 good games added, psn+ got arguably the worst line up in a long time and lost persona 5 from the collection 

Almost like they don't want you to go for the bottom tier... 

The new service launches in June and they've announced Spider-Man Miles Morales and Returnal as two of their big flagship games for the launch. 

Plus a few others like Mortal Kombat 11, God of War, etc.  

I can't wait to see what else they add.

• Like 1

Â