Emiliano Martínez

hippo

21 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

He got a bit carried away playing the pantomime villain today, unnecessary at the end and causing things to kick off has now cost us for the next 3 matches now. To be fair it's the first time since the corner last season vs Arsenal he's done anything stupid.

I think somewhat it was his gamesmanship. No problem with him making a meal of Maupay's challenge. Don't really have a problem with his niggle at Maupay that instigated the chaos either. Trying to drag him off the ground pushed it a bit far and he probably lost his head a little then.

45 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

Out of your **** minds anyone criticising him for today. Gets Maupay rightly booked and then with 10mins extra time on the clock engineers a situation out of nothing to waste half of that for the price of a yellow. If Kamara doesn't pile in like a dummy it pays off perfectly. 

Correct, he’s not only just the world number one at goalkeeping

56 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

Out of your **** minds anyone criticising him for today. Gets Maupay rightly booked and then with 10mins extra time on the clock engineers a situation out of nothing to waste half of that for the price of a yellow. If Kamara doesn't pile in like a dummy it pays off perfectly. 

Exactly 👍

People need to get a grip and toughen up a bit. You saw how Emi and Argentina won the World Cup. You see how aggressive City, Arsenal and Liverpool can be. This is the reality.

I get it. It’s new territory for Villa, but if we want to talk about competing for the title then this is what comes with it. Roy Keane was a serial Premier League winner and he took red cards a plenty. 

I wouldn’t behave like that at work, sure. I’m sure Martinez isn’t petulant in day to day life. But this is a football match, and winning it is the be all and end all, not making friends or being a model citizen.

• Like 1

He is kind of reminding me of the season Shilton  had when Nottingham Forest won the league. He must have won them 20 points that season. We absolutely battered them at Villa Park and he made one save from a Mortimer thunderbolt which I still remember to this day amongst many others. You cannot win it without a keeper of magnitude.

Was behind enemy lines reading RAWK earlier. They were saying what a bellend Emi is, but a fair few pointed out that:

A. You hate him if he doesn't play for you, love him if he does

B. He's a master of the dark arts, and they've had plenty of players (Suarez, etc) who have done the same.

Pretty much sums it up for me. World's best keeper, our best player, and the most important man on the pitch for us this season.  I'll forgive him pulling that little shit's shirt.

• Like 2

Some astonishing takes here.

People are as unfamiliar with Emi Martinez batshit-ball as Kamara is.

He doesn't do it if we're 2-1 down, he just runs and takes the free.

He's wasting time because we're ahead.

Kamara got himself sent off, which is a kick in the nuts.

23 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Martinez has made two crucial saves today, as well as other games. 

I **** love the guy. 

Are there actually any better goalkeepers in the Premier League over the last 15 months?

And before someone says Ederson and Allison, they have better defences in front of them so do they have to make so many difficult saves every match as much as Martinez.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â