Emiliano Martínez

hippo

7 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

We are kind of taking it for granted but we have the World Cup-winning goalkeeper who plays for the Villa.

10 years ago we had Brad Guzan. 

He's our best player. I think this isn't talked about enough - he would transform Man U. So I guess I'm glad it's not talked about.

On 16/10/2023 at 21:34, The Fun Factory said:

We are kind of taking it for granted but we have the World Cup-winning goalkeeper who plays for the Villa.

10 years ago we had Brad Guzan. 

Guzan was pretty good for 18 months when he first broke through. 

5 years ago we were still actually starting Mark Bunn in goal!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

I do sometimes worry about his status or reputation outgrowing us tbh. 

yes I know we are brilliant and the best team in the land etc! but he really could be playing at an elite club and he, his family and agent know this

automatic fall back position....the GK market is shit

not sure who is out there who would want him let alone afford him and then those clubs would still need a GK merry go round to make it work, real madrid for example would have to shift courtois first

utd was the one this summer and they **** it up 

In that great Emery article, the bit about Emi mentioning the goalkeeper scoring for Lazio really made me laugh.

Love thought of him bouncing into training looking round doorways for Emery to tell him.

On 17/10/2023 at 05:22, Vancvillan said:

Yeah, I want to know if he can do it on a rainy Tuesday night against the footballing powerhouses of Hungary or Iran

Sad to see how far Hungary have fallen since the days of Puskás, that they are now used as an example of rubbish opposition. At one point they were true giants of football, twice World Cup finalists. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Sad to see how far Hungary have fallen since the days of Puskás, that they are now used as an example of rubbish opposition. At one point they were true giants of football, twice World Cup finalists. 

They also smashed England 4-0 last year 

• Like 4

The moment in the first half when he had the ball at his feet and waited and waited and waited and waited and waited .

It was like who blinks first loses. And they did. Psychological warfare.  It said i will wait here for 30 mins and not give a shit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Ended the first half laughingat his shithousery in re-placing the ball after the ref told him to hurry up :D

Disgraceful performance from Martinez in the second half 😂

I was convinced he was going to pick up a yellow for timewasting shithousery in the second half so wasted some of my hard-earned on the 3/1 that Bet365 were offering.

Then he decides to play the second half like prime McGrath, chipping the ball out, instead of rolling around like a good boy !

I want my money back 😢

Â