Emiliano Martínez

hippo

See if there is any truth to the fact that he might not be in good shape to start that irritates me.
It’s been 2 weeks since the final, he got some time off which is fine but he should be turning up back at Villa rested and raring to go not needing further recovery time to get over his time off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

See if there is any truth to the fact that he might not be in good shape to start that irritates me.
It’s been 2 weeks since the final, he got some time off which is fine but he should be turning up back at Villa rested and raring to go not needing further recovery time to get over his time off.

He might be tired from the travelling though. Qatar to Argentina and then back to Europe to go with the emotions is probably not eaay

Will see how Lloris is today

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

That is the madness of having a World Cup in the winter though, in the middle of the season. The winning players were always going to suffer this. They're not going to not celebrate their win.

The irritation should be aimed at FIFA. 

I dunno. If I had two weeks off after having a child or getting married in pretty certain my bosses wouldn't be like 'ease yourself in gently, you can just make the tea this week'. I think I'd be expected to be doing my job to the full extent on my first day back.  

Anyway it's all speculation at the moment, we'll soon see how Emi is in a few hours.

10 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I dunno. If I had two weeks off after having a child or getting married in pretty certain my bosses wouldn't be like 'ease yourself in gently, you can just make the tea this week'. I think I'd be expected to be doing my job to the full extent on my first day back.  

This. But yes fingers crossed he is ready to play. 

22 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

A move here would be the end of Pickford’s  England career.

Only while Nosy McNose face is manager. Even then he likes his regulars and surrounds himself with them as a protective barrier. 

36 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Only while Nosy McNose face is manager. Even then he likes his regulars and surrounds himself with them as a protective barrier. 

He shouldn’t be England no1 anyway. It should be between Ramsdale and Pope.

Â