Emiliano Martínez

hippo

59 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

To many snowflakes on here.I’m certainly not going to allow myself to be embarrassed by the actions of the best goalkeeper to pull on a Villa shirt. Beckham ,Infaltino and their likes are the ones who should be embarrassed.

Here we go. Snowflakism has been manfully called out. If I may, can I go ahead and suggest, preemptively, that you assign that label to me, as I'm sure my testosterone levels started ebbing back in 1979 or so, and I'm like the most delicately filigreed class of snowflakes you get?      

I mean, can't it just be that people have different senses of taste and ideas of sportsmanship? Not to get crazily snowflakishly nuanced here. I don't buy these "Well, he's not killing kittens, is he?" arguments. Isn't there actually room for suggesting that hey, Emi crossed one line too many (or even a few bald, soft-bellied types like me?) for many people, but that doesn't put him on par with far more ethically ****-up people and injustices?  Glad he's at Villa, very happy for him, but yeah, he's kind of weird -- and not the kind of weird I embrace, personally.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

To be honest his stock will never be higher than it is now, I just don’t see who has the money to buy him that need him. Juventus aren’t in a position to buy anyone.

It could be noise to get a better deal at Villa. Any agent would be trying to get a new contract given how high Martinez's stock is right now. Perfect time to renegotiate. 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It could be noise to get a better deal at Villa. Any agent would be trying to get a new contract given how high Martinez's stock is right now. Perfect time to renegotiate. 

He got a new contract after his Copa heroics let's see if he turns up for Boxing Day first 😜 

14 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I’ve got to be honest, and I probably am the only person who thinks this but I would actually consider selling him if a club came in with crazy money. I think he is a better tournament keeper than league keeper (and yet we don’t play him in the cups!)

25 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Here we go. Snowflakism has been manfully called out. If I may, can I go ahead and suggest, preemptively, that you assign that label to me, as I'm sure my testosterone levels started ebbing back in 1979 or so, and I'm like the most delicately filigreed class of snowflakes you get?      

I mean, can't it just be that people have different senses of taste and ideas of sportsmanship? Not to get crazily snowflakishly nuanced here. I don't buy these "Well, he's not killing kittens, is he?" arguments. Isn't there actually room for suggesting that hey, Emi crossed one line too many (or even a few bald, soft-bellied types like me?) for many people, but that doesn't put him on par with far more ethically ****-up people and injustices?  Glad he's at Villa, very happy for him, but yeah, he's kind of weird -- and not the kind of weird I embrace, personally.

Like Emi's going to be looking for a cuddle from a bald soft belly type.. You wish, hahaha. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Galway Lion said:

To many snowflakes on here.I’m certainly not going to allow myself to be embarrassed by the actions of the best goalkeeper to pull on a Villa shirt. Beckham ,Infaltino and their likes are the ones who should be embarrassed.

Ugh, snowflakes. 

I've seen 'snowflakes' used twice on this site in the last day and not ironically. It's just so cringe.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we’re offered crazy money for him and the club have done their due diligence on a replacement, then why not? It’s money we can reinvest into other areas of the team to improve.

Id rather not sell him and hope he stays, but everybody has their price and his stock will never be higher.

If we are offered crazy money and he want to move then he will.

Lets not pretend we will get an equally good keeper though, buying goalkeepers is incredibly difficult to get right.

1 hour ago, TomC said:

Are they pro-Argentina because of Maradona's legacy, because so many people from there emigrated to Argentina, or a little of both?

100% Maradona, they were all out partying at a sort of Maradona shrine 😀 In Naples in 86 and 90 they all supported Argentina, in Sorrentino's latest film there's an hilarious scene where an old bloke completely mental for Maradona describes the handball goal as a victory for the oppressed against the old evil empire and imperialism in general. I'd say most Napoli fans would sympathise with that and it's certainly how it went down in South America... 

The Italo-Argentina links are more felt on the Argentinian side than here, in Argentina there's a saying that you aren't Argentinian if you don't have an Italian surname. 

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I kind of like his shithousery. It's  the sort  of thing you hate when it's  against you, but in our side, it appeals to the base elements in me. Not liking it doesn't  make you a snowflake for sure though.  Well said

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we’re offered crazy money for him and the club have done their due diligence on a replacement, then why not? It’s money we can reinvest into other areas of the team to improve.

Id rather not sell him and hope he stays, but everybody has their price and his stock will never be higher.

It would have to be 60-70m. I really don't have any confidence in the club when it comes to keepers. It took us 3 bad signings to get Emi. Olsen isn't great either. 

Â