Emiliano Martínez

hippo

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not necessarily. Our valuation of him still needs to be met and I can’t see any club paying that could of money for him. Unless there’s a release clause in his contract. 

He believed he would win the World Cup when he pencilled his new contract at Villa. Would he have agreed to such a long deal if he had intentions of leaving off the back of winning the World Cup?

The power is in the player’s hands these days. I hope he’d want to stay but it has to be hard going from World Cup hero to bailing out Mings and Konsa against the likes of Crystal Palace. Valuation only goes so far if a player doesn’t want to play for the team. 

This is all conjecture though. Obviously we both hope he stays. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The power is in the player’s hands these days. I hope he’d want to stay but it has to be hard going from World Cup hero to bailing out Mings and Konsa against the likes of Crystal Palace. Valuation only goes so far if a player doesn’t want to play for the team. 

This is all conjecture though. Obviously we both hope he stays. 

I’m not so sure about this anymore. We showed with Luiz and even Grealish to an extent that if the price isn’t right then the player doesn’t leave.  If he wanted to leave I’m sure the club would respect his wishes as long as the price is right. There’s no way they will sell him on the cheap just because he wants out. He would have known this when signing a 5 year extension. 

Im really confident he’s going nowhere mate. At least for another season.   But if he does it will be for a hell of a lot of money to find a replacement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If the price was right he’d leave but I don’t think he’d ever force a move. He has said several times he wants to get Villa to Europe and I believe him.

I don't know if it's just romanticism on my part, but I imagine now he's won the world cup and achieved his dream after saying numerous times how grateful he was to Villa for giving him his chance, he will be inclined to repay the favour by sticking around and leading us to glory.

Our next step should be to hand him the captain's armband, not only because he is the ideal candidate for it anyway but because it would solidify that commitment and give him more reasons to stay than not to.

• Like 2

I may well be proven wrong but I get the impression he cares a lot more about international football than club football anyway. Not that he doesn't care about us, but he seems like the kind of guy that's content as long as he's getting games for his country.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Did Dibu sleep with ur missus or something?

🤣 not hating with that post, I still rate him. Just thought the fear of a load of clubs suddenly coming in for him might be slightly overblown.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

We should cash him in now. £75 Mil and he's yours. 

Nah. We're going to need him for our FA Cup run and then after we win it we'll need him for our Europa League run next year.

• Like 1

The ex-Arsenal keeper made a number of big saves in the final and stopped Kingsley Coman’s effort in the penalty shootout.

Anyone else get annoyed by that? Who gives a fig who he used to play for?

He's ours!

45 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I'm thinking a sponsorship from the Fleshlight company could be worth big bucks for Dibu.

Let’s hope he doesn’t get shafted on any deal because he deserves a good deal.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Have to say really happy for him that he won the tournament but absolutely no way he deserved the Golden Glove

I disagree. Ok one or two goals conceded you’d expect him to save but his general play has been awesome.  The amount of time he has come out and claimed balls in to the box has been a joy to watch. Non of this punching business.  Then you have great last minute one on one saves against Holland and France. Then 2 key penalty shoot outs.

I get you have keepers that made more saves but that’s because they had so much work to do. The best keepers are the ones that don’t not have much to do in a game and then make unbelievable almost match winning saves in key moments.

• Like 2

Â