Emiliano Martínez

hippo

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

FIFA might find something offensive in it. Most people wont bit FIFA are unpredictable

I reckon they'll completely ignore it and hope everyone else does too. The WC was already  controversial due to its location etc. The last thing they want to do is make a brilliant final about one of the winners shagging a shit, plastic looking golden hand.

9 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

I do think his behaviour in the penalty shoot out was a lack of sportsmanship. It was low. 

I loved it, as many people have said he gets into some of the opposition heads and could be a reason they win the penalty shootouts and if it does then I could handle being told it’s unsportsmanlike if I get a World Cup medal.  

Anyway, Emi is just more obvious than most players but jabbing at your opponent, winding up the other player, little knocks, kicks and banter is just part and parcel of the game, we just don’t hear it most of the time and only see bits and pieces of the kicks but it’s there in every game and by most of the players.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

I do think his behaviour in the penalty shoot out was a lack of sportsmanship. It was low. 
But also thankful for his behaviour for getting Messi he's World Cup. National Hero and also Worldwide Villain 

Only if it’s against your team.  I personally think it’s part of the game.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lupinthe5th said:

But also thankful for his behaviour for getting Messi he's World Cup. National Hero and also Worldwide Villain 

Throwing the ball away and chatting shit to an unassuming 22 year old kid, then acting the gentleman after it all consoling people. Didn't sit right with me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is the main reason Argentina won both the Copa and World Cup. Messi has been around for years and they have had great teams but always fallen short. Emi was the missing link. 

Is the correct answer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

I hope the club try and get Argentina and Messi et Al for a friendly at Villa Park. Messi scoring his 100th international goal at the Holte end …… phwoaaarrrr

We haven't played them since 2005 and Messi has never played against England. Madness really.

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Throwing the ball away and chatting shit to an unassuming 22 year old kid, then acting the gentleman after it all consoling people. Didn't sit right with me.

It’s a World Cup final. He’s trying to win a World Cup. What happens within the game is part of the game, after the game it’s different. UFC fighters try and kill each other for 15 minutes and then respect each other after. It’s no different 

• Like 3

I bet that after the last 18 months, winning the Copa America and the World Cup, forever to be linked with Messi, he won't give a shit about peoples opinion on his behaviour outside of Argentina. And rightly so imo. He's not a nasty individual, quite the contrary, he's a heart on the sleeve bloke, 150% all the time individual. The guy you want next to you in the trenches, when things are shit. He's writing his name down in history while the haters are going to hate. 

It's quite crazy that in a period of turmoil and suffering around the globe that people want to pull his behaviour as some sort of punishable crime. Him along with that Argentinian squad have just injected happiness and hope into an entire nation of over 46m. He's become a hero to millions and Aston Villa FC helped him get there. Legend. 

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Boo hoo.

Goalkeepers have been doing it for years. Players do it week in and week out from grassroots to the top level. It's called trying to undermine and intimidate your opponents. 

• Like 2

Just now, Tom13 said:

Do people actually believe either of those things? He's a good keeper, and very good for where we're at right now. But best in the world or a bid of £125m? No chance.

The bloke has just won his country a world cup. His value before the world cup was easily £50-70m region in today's market. He has four years left on his contract. His valuation has sky rocketed now.

Anyway I don't think he'll go. He loves it at Villa and he knows this club has been the catalyst for his career finally taking off.

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

The bloke has just won his country a world cup. His value before the world cup was easily £50-70m region in today's market. He has four years left on his contract. His valuation has sky rocketed now.

No-one in their right mind would offer anywhere near £100m for him.

12 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Also just to add, the age of someone trying to score a penalty against you is completely irrelevant. And I’m glad Emi hasn’t got that mindset 

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Do people actually believe either of those things? He's a good keeper, and very good for where we're at right now. But best in the world or a bid of £125m? No chance.

He easily clears £90m without question. £125 maybe not…however we don’t need to sell him.

We hold all the power and I love it!

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Chelsea paid €80 million for Kepa, So I would say it would be in and around that, probably more as he is now a World Cup winner. 

• Like 1

Â