Emiliano Martínez

hippo

18 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

To be fair most of the Argentine fans who commented on the game were baffled by the decision not to play Emi as well. 

Really want him to get a cap.  How awesome would it be to concurrently have recently capped England, Brazil and Argentina internationals on our squad. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Really want him to get a cap.  How awesome would it be to concurrently have recently capped England, Brazil and Argentina internationals on our squad. 

It would be great and shows how far we have come. Personally think Emi should be aiming for lots and lots of caps over the next 5-10 years, Argentina not exactly got a solid no 1 at present.

52 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Luiz already had a cap in fairness to him

11 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

He's on the bench again behind some bloody old codger who's never even played in Europe.

tenor.gif

For all I know Franco Armani could be the second coming of Lev Yashin but I'm still going to curse the name of whatever Argentinian Southgate equivalent is picking this team.

He only has 6 league titles and 2 Copa Liberatadores on his CV ;) 

3 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Yeah I read his Wikipedia too 😅

Still never heard of him

as I said the other day on here, in Argentina they dont care or respect players achievements in Europe compared to European fans

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Wow thats a shocking goal. Keeper seemed to dive without actually moving anywhere.

Franco's last major tournament I suspect, so doubt they'll change it up unless he makes a complete howler or they get hammered. 

was also a big win for Argentina as they usually struggle in the altitude of Bolivia, beaten 6-1 not too long ago and lost 2-0 the last time 

Â