Emiliano Martínez

hippo

24 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Im sure he has super glue on those gloves 

One thing I like, very similar to Cech when he arrived at Chelsea. His saves look basic because he doesnt make them look spectacular. 

Free kick for example last night from Maddison he caught, other keepers would have knocked that it out for a corner

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Close up with Leno and Alisson i'd say.

A lot of Arsenal fans actually say he's better than Leno and it should have been him sold rather than Emi.

He's certainly improved our defence much like Allisson did at the scousers. Certainly better than the likes of De Gea and Lloris who are nowhere near the keepers they once were. 

39 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Close up with Leno and Alisson i'd say.

Alisson is slightly different in that he too has a major impact on the back 4 and the line that they play, Liverpool's whole pressing ethos can be linked back to the quality that Alisson has and where he plays / how he reads the game, we don't score 7 largely with fast flowing counter attacking play with Alisson in goal

ederson is the same, neuer is the same, valdes was the same

I don't think we're like that as a team in general, that's not how we set up

3 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

3 out of 4 clean sheets is superb for him and the defence. Well done to them. 

The stat is a bit of a pointless one though. Obviously if 3 out of 4 games are clean sheets it’s very likely he had more clean sheets than goals conceded.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

3 out of 4 clean sheets is superb for him and the defence. Well done to them. 

The stat is a bit of a pointless one though. Obviously if 3 out of 4 games are clean sheets it’s very likely he had more clean sheets than goals conceded.

Unless you're Newcastle, Man Utd, Brighton, Liverpool, Crystal Palace, Wolves, Man City, Burnley, Southampton, Fulham, Albion or Leeds. 😅

• Haha 3

Excellent signing. I really liked the way he was talking to everyone as the team lined up for the ‘handshakes’ before the game. Looks to have a good relationship with Cash already too.

3 minutes ago, chappy said:

Excellent signing. I really liked the way he was talking to everyone as the team lined up for the ‘handshakes’ before the game. Looks to have a good relationship with Cash already too.

In the absence of Jack in a game I could see him being captain.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Emi and a fully fit Heaton is the very definition of the squad depth we should be aiming for in every position.

The problem with having two excellent keepers tho is that one may not be happy sitting on the bench, which is why we've now got Martinez and Arsenal don't. So that would be great but I'm not sure if it's entirely feasible.

6 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

The problem with having two excellent keepers tho is that one may not be happy sitting on the bench, which is why we've now got Martinez and Arsenal don't. So that would be great but I'm not sure if it's entirely feasible.

Agreed but its a great target to aim for and the management team seem pretty good at selling this work in progress project, they are also good at keeping a happy camp.

Pool and manC are the best but the best of the rest is up for grabs and signings like Emi and Barkley say to me that that's our target.

🤞

Â