The AVFC FFP thread

4 minutes ago, allani said:

Just looking at what has been happening in the states - major stadium rebuild, massive increase in season ticket sales.  Looks like these guys have BIG connections who will see the bigger picture and potential to invest in a brand.  Welcome to WES Villa Park, sponsored by Adidas.

I was about to reply to your initial post about Nike. 

Nicely corrected Sir 

tenor.gif?itemid=5795910

I'd have somebody stood at the counter in the Villa Village handing out £50 notes, then telling people that they should definitely buy that super rare signed photo of Graham Fenton in the bargain basket .

Only  10,000,000 left.

• Like 1

I don’t know if it’s just the optimism of new owners, but I can’t see why they’d bother getting on board with us if they knew they would have their hands tied by FFP for the foreseeable future. They don’t strike me as the type of businessmen to go through the motions and put us through a couple of years austerity. 

I have a feeling they have a solid plan for FFP which doesn’t involve selling the family jewels. Otherwise why would an already successful sport franchise owner and one of the richest men in the world bother buying into a second tier team in England?!

Surely there's a few ways around it. Sponsorship of the ground. Sponsorship of the Villa shop.. new sponsors at the ground on game day.. one of his companies could purchase 10000 kits and donate them to fans.. in all seriousness.. there has to be a few legitimate ways around it to at least require only to sell 10-25 rather than 40 million in players. Even 'mutually' terminating contracts like with the likes of Richards for free.. and he can be paid off by a different company..  something surely can be done rather than selling our best squad. Their statement said they wish to improve the squad. Even if we sell McCormack for 2 million. Tshibola for 1 million. It all matters. Fees in and wages saved. Last resort should be to sell grealish and Chester. Welcome bids for Kodjia Adomah etc to try get some sales.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2018 at 23:46, OutByEaster? said:

So, of the reported £40m we need to raise for FFP compliance, how much do we think we've already covered?

Wages for Johnstone, Samba, Snodgrass, Agbonlahor, Onomah, Terry, Tuanzebee, Grabban, Round and Wyness will mean we're operating at a very rough guess about £18m lighter than last year as things stand. I suspect with some of the other cost savings we've made, we're probably about half way there.

Of course, it might be that those savings have already been figured in and we're looking for £40m on top of that - in which case, we're even more fouled up than we thought. 

None of this will help our ongoing battle to pay the taxman or the other people we owe cash too, and that's our more pressing trouble, but I guess we're a little more sane at the moment than we were when got into this trouble - too little too late I suspect.

Lots of questions and no way of us knowing. How much of future income have we lent against? The £13m last parachute payment? I know we loaned against a few transfer fees but what about Gil and Gollini? That’s about £7m added to your savings and the parachute and we are nearly there. How much did Recon sponsor stadium for? How much is this new kit deal and sponsorship worth? That’s just things we’ve already done we dont know about. How much more sponsorship can we get in? These blokes don’t look like mugs so hopefully there’s a plan other than weakening our squad now. 

9 hours ago, ender4 said:

Adidas Arena.

If it gets us back into the Premier League, i'm all for it!

Addidas Villa would do me if it got us back where we belong.?

Edited by villa89

They need to a) find a way of unloading the unwanted/unused players which I think will be something through the back door, I mentioned elsewhere an Egyptian or Adidas sponsored club taking them off our hands. 

They then need to find ways of getting money in and I think we have a stadium and 4 stands and dozens and dozens of other things which can be sponsored.  Have we even got the second kit sponsor yet? We could end up that earning us more than the main sponsor. 

I can see early termination and replacement of 32 Red

We will see a flurry of official this supplier and official that supplier. 

Think of all the empty spaces around Villa Park where advertising hoardings can go up.  Start selling own brand Villa pies and Cola. 

I expect a mutual termination of the Recon training complex and a new branding. 

There are so so many ways to ship money in put a bunch of clever people on in a room and brainstorm it and I reckon they will come up with a hundred new options many of which would be "firsts" with no previous deal to validated it's market value so the world is your lobster. 

Just some ideas based on nothing, with no idea about how these deals work, or the true value of sponsorships! It’s basically nonsense:

Adidas Villa Park - £100m

LA Fitness Training Complex - £80m

Adidas kit deal - £30m

Air Arabia Egypt shirt sponsor - £60m

That would sort us out... but as I say, it’s total nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Indeed, they haven't come in to buy it with their eyes closed, they'll know exactly what they want to do.

But we are Villa, we can’t imagine things would go the right way until it does.

Even last season when everything was going well, it ended in tears.

Although if we could really go up this season, and these owners had the real plan, our loss to Fulham could turn out to be a blessing. I would like to think it that way but this year the Championship is much stronger, and we are Villa, so nothing guaranteed. ?

34 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Just like Xia did two years ago...

Two massively succesful billionaires that can be traced and tracked over a chancer that nobody had any idea was worth, its very different i dont see how you could compare the 2.

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Might as well write these guys off as well then, and the next owners, and the ones after that. ?

As far as I can tell, there's no reason to either write them off or praise them as superhumans yet. However, past failures are certainly an indication that a certain amount of skepticism is not unreasonable. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

annual accounts so in theory the financial year, we have until next May to balance it

Don't think FFP is based on the annual accounts though - its a separate statement they have to submit.

• Like 1

Don't know all the circumstances but AC Milan have just won a court case allowing them to compete in the Europa League next season after being excluded for breaking FFP rules when owned by Chinese owners...... we'd also be able to contest any punishment we are given if we keep Grealish and break FFP?

Edited by deamie

Â