The AVFC FFP thread

2 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Howard Hodgson who is part of the Villa Supporters Trust said on Twitter the other day that he was told by Luke Organ that the maximum we could get for stadium sponsorship would be £4 million per season.

Howard Hodgson, forever on the outside. I'll take the opinion of an international billionaire over Luke Hugh G Organ. 

• Haha 1

We can spend what we like at the moment as long as we sort out the FFP by the end of year accounts which is around May 2019,

so we can wheel and deal more in the January window

I just don’t see how there’s one rule for the rich and one for everyone else. If PSG can spunk that money on Neymar (£199m), and other massive fees (£120m on Mbappé, Draxler, Guedes, etc) by winning the tin pot French league, it’s just a farce.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This is an interesting read;

It’s nothing to do with EFL FFP though and has no relevance to our situation

Just now, blandy said:

It’s nothing to do with EFL FFP though and has no relevance to our situation

Apologies, shows how little I understand about it all. 

I was looking for some sort of ‘it’ll all be fine’ type explanation of FFP.

18 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

This is an interesting read;

Those are not the EFL rules though?? Not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything, there are most likely ways of circumventing all this B$ but trying to apply rules/regulations that don’t apply to our current circumstansces doesn’t really help

Just now, MickeyC_UTV said:

Those are not the EFL rules though?? Not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything, there are most likely ways of circumventing all this B$ but trying to apply rules/regulations that don’t apply to our current circumstansces doesn’t really help

My bad, they’re not the EFL rules so just ignore me. Soz!

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Apologies, shows how little I understand about it all. 

I was looking for some sort of ‘it’ll all be fine’ type explanation of FFP.

No need to apologise. If you want to become better informed, then maybe have a read of the EFL profit and sustainability rules ( web search that phrase and read the appendix F result, or look at some of the articles on a website such as http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk they have a more “user friendly” explanation

This season (2016/17), new ‘Profitability and Sustainability’ rules operate in the Championship; for the first time, clubs will be assessed over 3 seasons (rather than just a single season). This change brings the Championship clubs into alignment with the Premier League – both have ‘Profit and Sustainability’ rules that are now fully aligned. Crucially, this harmonisation of the rules comes with the blessing of the Premier League - so we shouldn’t see any repeat of the stand-offs that arose (and are still ongoing) with QPR and Leicester. Previously, the Premier League bosses refused to help the Football League collect the ‘Fair Play Tax’ fines for clubs that overspent but won promotion – this lack of support significantly undermined the Football League and severely impacted on the effectiveness of the Football League punishments.

There are a number key changes:

• The assessment is carried out in March (rather than December)
  • The maximum loss limit is now £13m per Championship season (or £5m a season of the owner does not inject equity to cover losses).
  •  Losses are assessed over three seasons (rather than just over the single, previous season)
  • The assessment of each club’s finances is a combination of a historic assessment (looking at figures for the two previous completed season) and an assessment over the season currently taking place

The last point is particularly significant; in addition to historic account information about past seasons, clubs now have to submit a financial projection for the season that is still taking place. All the information has to be with the Football League by the 1 March. The Football League have confirmed that they are aiming to have any punishments announced before the end of the season.....

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/-profit-and-sustainability-ffp-tests-in-championship-2016-17

• Like 1

Anyone else reckon that the comments in the press release about running the club sustainably was for the benefit of the watching FFP police?

Say the right thing, make the right noises. Then go plough a load of money in. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Anyone else reckon that the comments in the press release about running the club sustainably was for the benefit of the watching FFP police?

Say the right thing, make the right noises. Then go plough a load of money in. 

No. It’s a genuine factor. It’s not going to go away, or be got round.

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think there are ways around it with plenty of creative sponsorships and endorsements to be had. 

New commercial tie ups.and partnerships. 

I will be gobsmacked if we see the player sales and £40m savings made to meet FFP with nothing coming in. 

They will find ways I am certain.   But make it look like they are toeing the line. 

• Like 1

Silly question, but why did Premiere league clubs get a vote on EFL ffp matters?

They're two separate entities and pretty much hate each other the last time I looked, you never hear of Premiere league clubs being dragged over the coals until they drop down a league (I know Premiere league money is ridiculous so clubs can go mental up there).

43 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

My bad, they’re not the EFL rules so just ignore me. Soz!

No need to apologise in fairness, the confusion has been going on for the last 40 odd pages in this thread. and bleeding through other threads...but we all should be happy in a way lets see how it plays out....VTID

48 minutes ago, blandy said:

You may be right, Pete, you often are. But what would be the motivation for these guys of buying the club if they were facing a situation where they couldn't move it forward for years and risk it going significantly backwards due to having to sell all our assets. Surely they would wait for a more attractive option?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I honestly think, and bear with me in case this has been mentioned already, but why don't we sell the naming rights to VP for 700 million? 

Brilliant idea. It's so simple it's hard to believe nobody has thought of it before!

There we go then, problem solved.  Keep Jack and sign Alisson off Liverpool to keep goal instead of Bunn. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tismyk said:

We can spend what we like at the moment as long as we sort out the FFP by the end of year accounts which is around May 2019,

so we can wheel and deal more in the January window

It’s dealt with in March I think and we could see points deductions/promotion withheld as possible punishments (which would make the whole spending what we like a bit pointless too!)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I honestly think, and bear with me in case this has been mentioned already, but why don't we sell the naming rights to VP for 700 million? 

Any sponsorship deals have to be at market value. 

1 hour ago, Hoof hearted said:

Silly question, but why did Premiere league clubs get a vote on EFL ffp matters?

They're two separate entities and pretty much hate each other the last time I looked, you never hear of Premiere league clubs being dragged over the coals until they drop down a league (I know Premiere league money is ridiculous so clubs can go mental up there).

Are you trying to make it sound more fancy than it is? I imagine you saying it in a posh Hyacinth Bucket voice.

(It’s ‘Premier’ ?)

Â