The AVFC FFP thread

1 minute ago, KSV said:

Man City did it didnt they? Well we should be able to get at least something from it. It has to be done. We can always rename it back when we go back to the premier league. 

Rules have been tightened since then I believe.

in theory yes he can as long as he follows the precedents set by other clubs, our stadium sponsorship deal cant rival arsenals deal with emirates, man city built a huge complex and training facility and sponsored that as part of the stadium deal and claimed there was nothing in the world like it to get a comparison, i think they did however get told they couldnt sponsor their womens and kids teams on huge deals, not sure what PSG

the biggest problem by the sounds of it is the chinese government regulations on piling cash in to us, he's not allowed as we dont produce any kind of return revenue going in to china, so he would have to use one of his other businesses to do it, such as his film company, we need as many partnership deals as possible, so rather than recon sponsoring us for £45m we have several companies sponsoring us for amounts that dont look daft

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

in theory yes he can as long as he follows the precedents set by other clubs, our stadium sponsorship deal cant rival arsenals deal with emirates, man city built a huge complex and training facility and sponsored that as part of the stadium deal and claimed there was nothing in the world like it to get a comparison, i think they did however get told they couldnt sponsor their womens and kids teams on huge deals, not sure what PSG

the biggest problem by the sounds of it is the chinese government regulations on piling cash in to us, he's not allowed as we dont produce any kind of return revenue going in to china, so he would have to use one of his other businesses to do it, such as his film company, we need as many partnership deals as possible, so rather than recon sponsoring us for £45m we have several companies sponsoring us for amounts that dont look daft

don't think he ever brought the film company.

49 minutes ago, hippo said:

Rules have been tightened since then I believe.

Just in time to hit clubs like us after they have done whatever they wanted without any penalty. :rolleyes:

Here's my take on FFP, parachute payments and all the other crap that I keep reading about finances restricting us.

The following teams have been promoted in the last two seasons whilst having to comply with FFP, having no parachute payments and some of them even played proper football:

Huddersfield

Brighton

Wolves

Cardiff

Fulham

If they can do it then so can we.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Tony said:

When did football become about creative accounting and not the team you put on a pitch ?

Its Made the game worse because now the big clubs can pay over 100 million for a player no problem but smaller clubs wanting to make a go of it get punished. They say its there to protect clubs from going into administration and getting ruined but at the same time they are trying to fine qpr 40 million, just doesn't make sense. 

32 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Here's my take on FFP, parachute payments and all the other crap that I keep reading about finances restricting us.

The following teams have been promoted in the last two seasons whilst having to comply with FFP, having no parachute payments and some of them even played proper football:

Huddersfield

Brighton

Wolves

Cardiff

Fulham

Cardiff and Fulham both had parachute payments of just over £16.5m this season .

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/championship-parachute-payments-leeds-united-14672066

Edited by Eastie

34 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Huddersfield

Brighton

Wolves

Cardiff

Fulham

They didn’t have the extortionate wage bill in the preceding years that we have had. We’ve made big losses in recent years as a result of (a) mismanagement when we were in the PL and (b) then investing in aiming for a quick return. Those clubs didn’t have that same burden 

6 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Its Made the game worse because now the big clubs can pay over 100 million for a player no problem but smaller clubs wanting to make a go of it get punished. They say its there to protect clubs from going into administration and getting ruined but at the same time they are trying to fine qpr 40 million, just doesn't make sense. 

Won’t I don’t get is how they are able to enforce it and for example charge QPR 40 million. Surely someone will win a legal case against it soon enough. 

7 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Cardiff and Fulham both had parachute payments of just over £16.5m this season .

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/championship-parachute-payments-leeds-united-14672066

How come? Both Cardiff and Fulham have spent the following seasons in the Championship:

2014/2015

2015/2016

2016/2017

2017/2018

I though parachute payments were only for 3 seasons.

7 minutes ago, Tony said:

Won’t I don’t get is how they are able to enforce it and for example charge QPR 40 million. Surely someone will win a legal case against it soon enough. 

You would like to think so because I 40 million pound fine for qpr will cripple them and it'll only lead to docking points, the system seems set up to protect the elite clubs. 

32 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

How come? Both Cardiff and Fulham have spent the following seasons in the Championship:

2014/2015

2015/2016

2016/2017

2017/2018

I though parachute payments were only for 3 seasons.

They are for 3 seasons now - at the time they were relegated they were spread over 4 years and this season was their final payment . 

17 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

Gollini to Atalanta for £3.5 million if it goes through must be more than expected back for him.

A big if - seems to have barely played there . 

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

A big if - seems to have barely played there . 

I agree, 3.5 is what’s being reported I would be surprised if that went through. 

In terms of money I don’t see any side spending big next year in our league. I genuinely see it being the lowest quality of the 3 seasons we will have been in it. So on that basis we need a decent championship Side as opposed to a great one which I think we can do and if we keep jack then we have a difference maker. 

• Like 1

Â