The AVFC FFP thread

• 4 weeks later...

Right, if we don’t go up, how bad actually is this?

We’ll be shifting Gabby and Hutton’s wages, which sounds like £5m straight off. We’ve got a couple of possible transfer fees coming in in Amavi and Gil. It’s not a terrible start. 

Our losses this season are way down, thoigh the detail of that has gone over my head. 

And more importantly, what’s the consequence of breaking the rules  if Dr Tone is as rich as we all think he is, why can’t we just spunk another £50m and see them in court? Surely the most likely outcome is a fine  it’s about time someone challenged this nonsense of a rule  

• Like 1

Spoiler

Yea great idea, when even Man City go to ridiculous ways to pass FFP yet the scrawny Aston Villa is gonna take UEFA to court and win. 

Can we go to court about how we got unfairly relegated because we had a shit team? That'd be nice. 

Edited by Alakagom

13 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Don't have the precise figures but I think our parachute payments halve to around £15m next season, that's a big drop in income from one source. It's going to get very difficult. A number of our current squad will have to go.

Based on past season and this I think the question is more how can we get rid of them with their way above wages for 2nd league then just getting rid. 

McCormack is the key one. If we can get rid of him that will help massively. 

We need to permanently get rid of the likes of Gil, Tish and gollini.

gabby and Hutton will free significant wages. We might be okay fir next year just but that would again very little ,ones spent and relying on loans again.

We got £41m last year, £33m this season but we only get £15m next season. So we lose £18m worth of revenue next season. After that we are all done. 

£18m is a huge drop in revenue. Can see a totally different squad next season.

1 hour ago, KHV said:

We got £41m last year, £33m this season but we only get £15m next season. So we lose £18m worth of revenue next season. After that we are all done. 

£18m is a huge drop in revenue. Can see a totally different squad next season.

Doesn’t the  Amavi money come this summer to ease that debt ? Still about £10m short though and the like of JT and snoddy wages will be beyond us - only really Grealish who would fetch serious money in this squad .

Edited by Eastie

8 hours ago, Alakagom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yea great idea, when even Man City go to ridiculous ways to pass FFP yet the scrawny Aston Villa is gonna take UEFA to court and win. 

Can we go to court about how we got unfairly relegated because we had a shit team? That'd be nice. 

WTF’s it got to do with UEFA?

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

McCormack is the key one. If we can get rid of him that will help massively. 

We need to permanently get rid of the likes of Gil, Tish and gollini.

gabby and Hutton will free significant wages. We might be okay fir next year just but that would again very little ,ones spent and relying on loans again.

All those are before SB's watch..........we need to temper our arguments accordingly.

just because Steve Bruce has been with us for 18 months, we still have a legacy of ****e that is still with us, that needs removing.

jesus ,guys get a grip of reality.

• Gabby
  • Gollini
  • Tish
  • Gil
  • McCormack

They are not an SB problem, but they are still an albatross around his neck.

wake up and smell the coffee.

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

All those are before SB's watch..........we need to temper our arguments accordingly.

just because Steve Bruce has been with us for 18 months, we still have a legacy of ****e that is still with us, that needs removing.

jesus ,guys get a grip of reality.

• Gabby
  • Gollini
  • Tish
  • Gil
  • McCormack

They are not an SB problem, but they are still an albatross around his neck.

wake up and smell the coffee.

Hmm did i say they were bruces signings? Did i blame bruce for those?

I was just stating what we need to do improve our ffp standings within the league

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm did i say they were bruces signings? Did i blame bruce for those?

I was just stating what we need to do improve our ffp standings within the league

True Bruce inherited them and he failed to get the best from them 

Â