The AVFC FFP thread

2 hours ago, villa82 said:

If we sell Hogan in the summer it will be as a loss in the financial results. Need 80% of the transfer fee back just to break even.

only players that bring in money are players we got for nothing like Grealish, Green, Davis. Players at the last of their contracts like maybe Chester, Adomah and Gill.  

we cant afford to sell RossMcC! 

Dont forget the 8m fee for amavi will be claimed this summer so that will help 

Knock gabby and huttons high wages as well and we might just be ok. Also if JT leaves that frees a lot of wages 

The worrying thing for me is that we will only have one centre back if samba and terry are released 

If frees up wages are enough, then we start the next season without

keepers: Johnston and Bunn, 

Defenders: Samba, Terry, Hutton, Tunzebe

Midfield: Snodgrass, Omehoa,

Strikers: Grabban and gabby

(6 of them started vs Preston, 1 played one half.)

If we loan Tunzebe and Snodgrass next season we have a team in the top 10. But we need to find £20m next seaon. I think Grealish will be off in the summer if we miss PL.9

1 minute ago, villa82 said:

If we loan Tunzebe and Snodgrass next season we have a team in the top 10. But we need to find £20m next seaon. I think Grealish will be off in the summer if we miss PL.9

It could create a real problem.

Potential outcomes:

• We scrape some loans and rely on youth, which could end up being positive (would need a different manager / approach though imo).  It would need the likes of Bedaeu and O'Hare to step up - the optimist says this could be great, but it could quite easily go the other way; OR
  • We basically accept that we will breach the rules slightly, and do it accepting that we will get fined / penalised somehow.  This is high-risk as I don't think the penalties are clear, but as I understand (from afar) this is maybe what Brighton and Bournemouth have done, such that the EFL are now trying to penalise them?  This is also much more risky if it doesn't get us promotion, as penalties are easier to impose if we're still in the division!

In either case - trying to appeal to Grealish's fanhood and keeping him is perhaps the most important thing to do, as he could make the most difference.

Still, a week ago there was confidence we wouldn't have this problem!

11 minutes ago, villa82 said:

I think we will get at least 20m for Grealish 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we will get at least 20m for Grealish 

Where do you think he would go?

Talented enough for someone like Poch to think he could take him on even further?  Or more like a Burnley, or even one of the survivors?  Would be an interesting one - and £20m could end up being a bargain if they use him right.

Let's hope it's no issue...

Just now, mrjc said:

Where do you think he would go?

Talented enough for someone like Poch to think he could take him on even further?  Or more like a Burnley, or even one of the survivors?  Would be an interesting one - and £20m could end up being a bargain if they use him right.

Let's hope it's no issue...

If he continues his recent form and has 2 years on his contract we might even be able to get more, you could see a burnley or bournmouth coming for him. for me though i don't think he would leave for that calibre club. spurs you could understand and i would expect him to go if they came calling. just hope Bruce doesn't contemplate onomah for grealish as for me onomah is nowhere near as good as grealish 

Pretty lucky we have such an exceptional academy, otherwise we'd be in a spot of bother wouldn't we.

Like of Hepburn-Murphy, O'Hare are probably upper League One level already. The Richards and Gabby situation p*sses me off on a weekly basis.

Randy Lerner - what a fraud of a man.

2 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Pretty lucky we have such an exceptional academy, otherwise we'd be in a spot of bother wouldn't we.

Like of Hepburn-Murphy, O'Hare are probably upper League One level already. The Richards and Gabby situation p*sses me off on a weekly basis.

Randy Lerner - what a fraud of a man.

We have spent a lot of money under Xia too, with minimal return. Landsbury, Taylor, Bree, De La leat, Elpic, Hogan, Ross McC and Bjarnason.

Whelan, Jedinak, Samba and Terry are on big wages, and have no sell on value.

Not even Kodjia, Adomah and Hourrihane are much more worth then they were when we bought them. I love Xia, just want to say it was not only Lerners fault.

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's an EFL meeting to review FFP this week - I do hope it goes well!

Hopefully the outcome is they abolish it. It is rare a scheme so completely and utterly misses its stated aim it does the opposite, but FFP is one.

A failed experiment. Get rid of it immediately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Hopefully the outcome is they abolish it. It is rare a scheme so completely and utterly misses its stated aim it does the opposite, but FFP is one.

A failed experiment. Get rid of it immediately.

It misses its stated aim, but squarely hits its real aim - namely to keep a foot on the head of any upstarts who might threaten the Establishment in the way Chelsea and Manchester City did.

The doors to the top table are now closed.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I say we just buy who we want. Get promoted. Take the fine. And even when we're in the prem, take the -10pt deduction, its fine, we'll still win the title because we'll have the likes of Paolo Dybala, Neymar, Marco Reus and Asensio sitting on our bench.

If you don't have the right manager, even that team could be shite. 

• Like 1

Â