Matty Cash

paul514

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Whether it is true or not, it points to there being a shortage of decent right backs.

If we are prepared to sell Cash, I hope we have a better alternative lined up as Konsa is needed back in the middle.

In the PL, perhaps.

We operate in a different market. Fully expect we will be looking to Spain or elsewhere in Europe for January recruits, i.e. Acuña.

21 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Ginny said in an interview there is a certain player taking longer to understand or take in Unai's analysis during team meetings but he wouldn't name names. I instantly though of Cash.  He's struggling at the minute.

It’s probably Traore.

Bertie’s a free spirit and I can’t imagine he has much time for anyone giving him detailed tactical instructions (“please don’t backheel volley it across your own goal from 30 yards out” etc).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Whether it is true or not, it points to there being a shortage of decent right backs.

If we are prepared to sell Cash, I hope we have a better alternative lined up as Konsa is needed back in the middle.

That is very true Mike and thanks for passing on the info. Let's see what happens.

Been a long time since I posted on this site but came back a month or so ago.  Not sure where all my post history has gone though!!

40 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

It’s probably Traore.

Bertie’s a free spirit and I can’t imagine he has much time for anyone giving him detailed tactical instructions (“please don’t backheel volley it across your own goal from 30 yards out” etc).

Bertie is never fit for long enough to take in or not take in any messages in the first place. ( These days )

He just gets fit for international duty, then gets injured, then we rehab him and then repeat the cycle.

Surprise surprise I saw something today saying he'd be linking up with Burkini Faso for Afcon 🙄

On 31/12/2023 at 13:58, MikeMcKenna said:

I don’t post a lot nowadays and have always been loathe to pass on BS but at the Burnley game I was chatting to someone who I know has good ‘connections’.  He told me two strong rumours for January:

1) That Matty Cash is off in January (to Chelsea?).

2) If 1) gains legs I will consider passing on the other rumour, which relates to a possible incoming striker.

Pass number 2 on anyway. We’re all bored. 

Scored the winner but generally poor. 

Found his thread on page 3, Guess others are giving him a free pass but we absolutely must upgrade the right back position. 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, KAZZAM said:

Scored the winner but generally poor. 

Found his thread on page 3, Guess others are giving him a free pass but we absolutely must upgrade the right back position. 

Maybe because he wasn’t available in the last game (or the one before it) has something to do with the location of his thread prior to your post.

I think it’s fair to say people aren’t scared of critiquing Matty Cash. You can look at the last however many pages to see that people are very much not giving him a free pass.

I think what it is today, he wasn’t brilliant but I don’t think he was anywhere near to being the worst player on the pitch. I think he had several moments of good play. He had a couple of minutes where he lost his cool. Then he scored the winner. Yeah, a deflection… <shrug shoulders>, the goal wasn’t coming from anywhere else tonight.

He needs competition from someone who is not Konsa. I assume such a player will arrive soon. Fwiw, and famous last words before he’s sold next week, but I think Emery sees something in him. I don’t think we’d have seen as much as we have done and/or let Young leave if he didn’t.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
Realised Cash missed two games
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

He needs competition from someone who is not Konsa. I assume such a player will arrive soon.

this has to happen. they'd have known since young left that a RB would be required at some point and for whatever reason a good enough one wasn't available in the summer. well they've had months to do further scouting, and i'll be very disappointed if we don't sign one this month

edit: for the record, i actually like him. if he was made available for transfer there would be no shortage of PL suitors. he just needs competition

Edited by tomav84

He said post matche he's been struggling with an injury but is fully fit now. Fingers crossed he picks up some form.  

Also said he'd been working hard with the coaches on when to go forward and when to move inside/outside of the winger.  He's learning, whether it is quick enough is to be debated 

1 hour ago, beasley14 said:

He said post matche he's been struggling with an injury but is fully fit now. Fingers crossed he picks up some form.  

Also said he'd been working hard with the coaches on when to go forward and when to move inside/outside of the winger.  He's learning, whether it is quick enough is to be debated 

Hopefully he starts performing better then 

He does need competition and we could do with a more effective option.. but I don’t think many are wanting him to leave or anything… we know, full well by now, that Unai is capable of improving nearly any player…

But… we are short in that area, need Konsa to stick to CB and keep excelling, and someone to fight it out (yes, ideally an upgrade) with Cash for that RB spot.

We can just look at our LB situation… disregarding the injuries… it could be said that Moreno and Digne have brought the best out of each other and we have ended up with two good options, when they are available…

It would be excellent to have a similar situation at RB… for a new one to come in and take Cash’s place as Moreno took Digne’s… and for Matty to improve enough that he could prove to be stiff competition and even displace the new guy… or provide more than adequate cover…

The more competition we have in the squad… the better off we will be…

Diaby and Bailey?

It would be nice to have that in central midfield too where our options (especially defensively) are a bit light and Luiz and Kamara are totally guaranteed and assured of their places… even if not at peak form and fitness…

We don’t want too many players getting “comfortable” or relaxed… but some individuals are different too… such as Watkins who is at least guaranteed to put a shift in, in pretty much every game…

Edited by Jas10

Somehow both appalling going forward and constantly caught out at the back. 

going forwards he runs with purpose as if he’s going to do something, then cuts inside and passes back. 

how was he ever a winger?

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Somehow both appalling going forward and constantly caught out at the back. 

going forwards he runs with purpose as if he’s going to do something, then cuts inside and passes back. 

how was he ever a winger?

I imagine he played very differently. He was also pretty young as a winger.

Thought he played pretty well overall against Boro. Got us out of jail on a couple of occasions with last minute tackles and obviously scored the winner. 

Â