Matty Cash

paul514

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m not sure if he prevented any crosses, or players getting past him today?

the boy is lacking some serious mojo

I know we were 4-0 but there's a moment in the second half when Danjuma gets the beating of him again and he just stops. Luckily, Ezri mops ups and Cash is back in position to move the ball forward. It's honestly not good enough.

i would be happy with him as backup, but he shouldnt be our first choice RB.

I have said before about how he just backs off and backs off wingers, or runs alongside them and does nothing as they make their way in to our box, he did it again today and it nearly cost us.

I dont think he is technically very good either.

I dunno, he isnt a bad player, he's a good player, but his weaknesses are on show a lot due to the way we play i think, we defo need some serious competition for his spot, and by competition, i mean a new first team right back where Cash competes with them for the spot.

• Like 1

Just now, MaVilla said:

i would be happy with him as backup, but he shouldnt be our first choice RB.

I have said before about how he just backs off and backs off wingers, or runs alongside them and does nothing as they make their way in to our box, he did it again today and it nearly cost us.

I dont think he is technically very good either.

I dunno, he isnt a bad player, he's a good player, but his weaknesses are on show a lot due to the way we play i think, we defo need some serious competition for his spot, and by competition, i mean a new first team right back where Cash competes with them for the spot.

I agree with much of this. He’s often also caught out pace wise if there’s balls over the top. Yet, his good at getting forward. I don’t think he’s got the technical attributes to be a starting full back for us as a European team. We need a higher calibre player or prospect to push him on. Cash to me isn’t regressing per se but rests too much on his laurels and the flaws in his game are again badly exposed. A squad player absolutely, but shouldn’t be starting. 

• Thanks 1

Everytime today everton had a player behind him when they was crossing down the right, he didn’t have a clue the player was there, it’s been the same since he joined, I really hope the next player in is a right back

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I thought he was fine today. Not sure why he's getting so criticised. 

Always need a scapegoat, even in a 4-0 win. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

There’s valid criticisms though. People aren’t looking to scapegoat. It’s okay to see his limitations whilst recognising that he’s handy for the squad but we need better. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Me too. He's not the best right back in the world, and could definitely use some competition but it's almost like Bailey got a goal and assist so he's Scapegoat Of The Week this week instead.

Edited by blunther
  • Like 3

Â